cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send an IDoc over JCo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a newbie and I'm wondering if its possible to send an IDoc with the JCo to the SAP-System.

It's a work for university, but nobody here has any experiences with SAP.

I've got a Mini-WAS 6.20 Testsystem (the one with the Flightbooking example on it). I have an IDoc (with an order) generated from an java application.

My part is to get this IDoc in this SAP-System. Only get it somehow stored, thats all. No checking if order is somehow valid, concerning availability or whatever.

Question:

- Can I send an IDoc with JCo?

- In order to store this IDoc, can a BAPI (or whatever other possibilities there are) do the "storing" for me?

- What else must I configure?

- Is there a good tutorial for my problem?

Any suggestions are very welcome, since I need a starting point.

Thanks

Jonny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Johannes!

<b>- Can I send an IDoc with JCo?</b>

Yes you can. All you need is SAP Java IDoc Class Library.

<i>

The SAP Java IDoc Class Library consists of two parts, the SAP Java Base IDoc Class Library and the SAP Java Connector IDoc Class Library.

The packages of the SAP Java IDoc Class Library include the software as well as documentation. The SAP Java Base IDoc Class Library provides an API which helps navigating, reading, filling, and modifying IDocs. This base package is middleware independent. Creating, sending, and receiving IDocs is middleware dependent. To make use of the SAP Java Base IDoc Class Library you will need an additional middleware dependent add-on package implementing the defined interfaces like the SAP Java Connector IDoc Class Library. In the package of the SAP Java Connector IDoc Class Library examples are included.

The Windows NT / 2000 Ports of the SAP Java IDoc Class Library are shipped as zip files. The Unix Ports of the SAP Java IDoc Class Library are shipped as tgz files.</i>

<b>- In order to store this IDoc, can a BAPI (or whatever other possibilities there are) do the "storing" for me?</b>

Storing of IDoc is performed on the receiving part - system does it automatically.

<b>- What else must I configure?</b>

You have to set up logical destination for JCo partner as well as inbound partner profile for corresponding IDoc message type.

<b>- Is there a good tutorial for my problem?</b>

Working examples and java docs included in SAP Java IDoc Class Library distribution is a good starting point.

Regards,

Maxim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

From where i can get these Class LibrAry for SAP Java IDocs?

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Bhavik!

You can download all class libraries using your SAP Service Marketplace access point:

http://service.sap.com/netweaver

and following browser path:

SAP NetWeaver

-SAP NetWeaver in Detail

--Application Platform

---Connectivity

-

Connectors

-

SAP Java Connector

-

Tools&Services

-

SAP Java IDoc Class Library

Regards,

Maxim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

thanks for the very helpful answer.

The SAP Service Marketplace is for registered customers only. Since I only have a test environment (mentioned above) I can't register there. Is there a way to get this library in an other way (in my case for a student)?

Thanks

Jonny