cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions Required While Doing Idoc To File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is Idoc To File. I have to take the Purchase Order Idoc from system "A" and send it as a XML file to system"B".

The problem here is, i have three types of PO Idoc's with different fields.

1) Purchase Order (Fields : PO Number, date, vendor, material and quantity)

2) Delivery with serial number ( Fields : delivery number, est date, vendor, material, serial and quantity)

3) Delivery using serial number with subcontracting repair ( Fields :

PO Number, date, vendor, material, serial and quantity).

I have to convert all the above PO Idoc's into Xml file format and send it to system "B".

Here i have three different Idocs one per Purchase Order , one per Delivery with serial number and one per Delivery using serial number with subcontracting repair .

My question is, shall i need to create three different scenario's for the above requirement or shall i create only one scenario with all the fileds in file structure.

Is it possible by creating only scenario, to handle the above situation. If so where can i handle the conditions saying that the File Structure

for Purchase Order should be (With Fields : PO Number, date, vendor, material and quantity) ,

for Delivery with serial number should be (With Fields : delivery number, est date, vendor, material, serial and quantity) and

for Delivery using serial number with subcontracting repair should be ( With Fields : PO Number, date, vendor, material, serial and quantity).

Please provide the solution for the above situation.

And suggest me which is the best method to follow.

Regards,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venkat

have the idoc extended with one customized segment having an indicator that would tell for which the idoc will be processed. inside mapping with the help of this field u set the target fields and can post the docs with the required fields alone

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well both the approaches will work but if you are putting all the idoc in to one scenario then BPM will come into picture. With BPM there are some times perfomance issues. If there Business requirement doesn't demand all of them necessarily be in one scenario better approach is to for 3 diff scnearios.

Itz my opinion

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well both the approaches will work but if you are putting all the idoc in to one scenario then BPM will come into picture. With BPM there are some times performance issues. If the Business requirement doesn't demand that all of them necessarily be in one scenario then better approach is to for 3 diff scenarios.

Itz my opinion

Cheers,

*RAJ*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Here we will import the Idoc type "ORDERS", it is same for all the above requirements, there is no seperate Idoc type for Purchase Order, Delivery with serial number and Delivery using serial number with subcontracting repair. So how can u put all the idoc's in one scenario. I am confused . Could u elobarate more on this.

Regards,

Venkat.

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you need to go for multi mapping. Here as you need to create multiple targets from a single source. For that you need to go for BPM.

Hope this helps.

-Prasad Babu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

My requirement is i will process only one Idoc at a time either it may be Purchase order or Delivery with serial number or Delivery using serial number with subcontracting repair . So no chance of multiple targets. For example

First time i may process Idoc related to Purchase Order then at that time only fields ( PO Number, date, vendor, material and quantity) should convert into Xml file and pass it to system "B".

Second time i may process Idoc related to Delivery with serial number then at that time only fields ( delivery number, est date, vendor, material, serial and quantity) should convert into Xml file and pass it to system "B".

Third time i may process Idoc related to Delivery using serial number with subcontracting repair then at that time only fields ( PO Number, date, vendor, material, serial and quantity) should convert into Xml file and pass it to system "B".

In all the cases the target is same "B" system.

I think now it is clear.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did this but the other way... had one file I had to split to Purchase Order, Goods Movement and Invoice to post into SAP.

I used BPM to do this.