cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in FCC with empty values (reciever)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi well i am doing FCC for receiver (FTP). When i get data in which a value is not filled, the FCC-Parameter fixedFieldLenghts is not working properly because the empty field is not filled with blanks but with the data from the following field-value.

How to manage in FCC that empty field are written with blanks e.g.! Does there exist a FCC-function or do i have to do it in every single value-mapping?!

br Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184543
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Actually I didnt see a way out. We were not able to get all the fields in the output to enable fixedfieldlengths on all the fields.. Guess you have to do it manually..

We used the below..

[Field1]============ then

[Field1] ==== (Exists)============ if ========= [Field1]

(Constant)==========else

if then else was used for the conditions.. Also values in this are [] our user field and () are Standard Mapping Conditions/

Thanks

Sanjo

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> We used the below..

>

> [Field1]============ then

> Exists)============ if ========= [Field1]

>

> (Constant)==========else

> s used for the conditions.. Also values in this are

> [] our user field and () are Standard Mapping

> Conditions/

Well Sanjo, thx for ur help - it works fine!!

But i am desperate concerning the mass of datatypes where i have to do this mapping manually for each field

br Jens

> Thanks

> Sanjo

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is fieldFixedLengths not fixedFieldLenghts. please check it.

Regards,

S.RamNarender

former_member184543
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yup.. Thanks Ram.. it is fieldFixedLength..

Thanks

Sanjo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens

pls refer the below links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter - FCC

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter - FCC

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns - FCC

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file - FCC

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/20/xi-configuration-for-mdm-integration--sample-scenario - FCC - MDM

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp - FCC

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy - FCC

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter - EOIO - File

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ee/c9f0b4925af54cb17c454788d8e466/frameset.htm - cc

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/95/bb623c6369f454e10000000a114084/content.htm - fcc cOUNTER

I am sure it will sovle all ur issue related to ECC

pls reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this will help you ....

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/frameset.htm

vasanth

former_member184543
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our of our scenarios we mapped all the fields using Exist node and then got it in the output even when its empty or not. Once we get it in the output, the fixedfieldlength should work,. Let me know if its clear

Thanks

Sanjo

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

> In our of our scenarios we mapped all the fields

> using Exist node and then got it in the output even

> when its empty or not. Once we get it in the output,

> the fixedfieldlength should work,. Let me know if its

> clear

>

> Thanks

> Sanjo

Hi well i thought about this solution but there are so much fields that i have to touch for this....

is there no other way to solve this?!

br