cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound idoc types in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was creating partner profile using we20 in XI to send and receives idoc of type ORDERS and ORDRSP. In the outbound parmtrs section I am not seeing ORDERS type. I clicked the + sign under the outbound parmtrs, it opened a new page to create a outbound paramets. I did not see ORDERS message type, so I created a message type called ORDERS and ORDRSP using we81. When I came back, I do see the message type I created. Now, I need to select the basic idoc type in the outbound options but I am not seeing ORDERS or ORDERS05 to select. Why isn't XI have the basic IDOCs for ORDERS.

Am I missing something?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WE81 is the transaction for creating Logical Messag types in SAP R/3. Since XI is one of the R/3 product, you have an option to create the message types.

normally, Partner Profiles are maintained for Business communication in R/3 using EDI media. I am not sure, if at all XI will be used as a business partner as it is a middle layer kind of environment giving an interface facility to R/3 to the outside environment.

Coming to your question, XI need not to have all the message types/IDOC types as we see in R/3. IDOC Type definitions will be downloaded into XI for making it available for data transmission using the transaction IDX2 and is also known as IDOC CACHE.

To be able to help you out, let us know your scenario in which you are using XI as a business partner.

Further, Default Outbound parameters will not be available when a partner profile is created. You have to assign the business rules to it so called MESSAGE TYPES, IDOC TYPES, PROCESS CODES, RFCDESTINATIONS/PORTS, PACKET SIZES, MESSAGE CONTROLS. etc.,

What have you done? You have created a message type ORDERS/ORDERSP thru WE81, but no IDOC types are created.

<u>Normal flow:</u>

<b>MESSAGE TYPE-->IDOCTYPE, PROCESS CODE

IDOC TYPE --> SEGEMENT TYPES</b>

<b>IDOC records are of three types. 1)Control Record holds the Sender/REceiver info, data header etc.,

2) Data record holds the data or body of message

3) Status record to hold the message status pre and post transmission.</b>

All these makes a full cycle and is not an easy job to do buddy.

I am sure, nobody would want to create these in XI.

Let us all know what you were trying to achieve.

Good Luck,

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini

I appreciate your toughts

I am doing all this to get a IDOC out of XI (file->XI->IDOC)with a sender info to be picked up from IDOC header. I am not able to make XI picked the info though I have checked the check box for apply control values in the Idoc communicatio channel?. I thought I have put partner profile outbound with the ORDERS type message type. I am missing one of the steps to make it happen. I have empty value in Sender party and service fields of the receiver agreement.

I would like the XI to pickup the follwing info from IDOC

<SAP:SNDPOR>XIDEV</SAP:SNDPOR>

<SAP:SNDPRN>100</SAP:SNDPRN>

<SAP:SNDPRT>KU</SAP:SNDPRT>

<SAP:SNDPFC>SP</SAP:SNDPFC>

Insted the IDocoutbound in integration engine monitor the processed job has

<SAP:SNDPOR>SAPXI</SAP:SNDPOR>

<SAP:SNDPRN>XiALE01</SAP:SNDPRN>

<SAP:SNDPRT>LS</SAP:SNDPRT>

<SAP:SNDPFC />

which the third paty file logical system.

thanks

Dhandu

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

take a look at this document:

it shows how to configure XI for non LS

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003604082004E/HowTo_IDOC_XI_Scenarios.pdf

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal

Scenario 3 was useful and helped me solved the issue

thanks

Dhandu

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

glad to hear that

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas Vankamamidi,

it is good and have made changes to one of my scenario for which I was looking for a quick solution.

it helped me a lot.

Thanks for all the details.

Kumar.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhandu,

if you want to send idocs from R3 to XI

you don't configure anything in WE20

that's why you don't have ORDERS message type

XI is not an application system

take a look at this weblog for idoc to file scenario:

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

or some other weblogs about sending idocs to XI

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/weblogs/topic/16

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal

I sending IDOC (ORDERS05) from XI to R3. Don't I have to set the partner profile with outbound parmtrs with ORDERS as message type?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The communication channel will be what?

No matter what you do, it will sent to R/3 the way you set up using R/3.

Again, XI is not an application.

You will have to import the external definition into XI to create the message type ORDERS.ORDERS05. Do this from INTERFACE OBJECTS-->EXTERNAL DEFINITIONS. import the XSD or WSDL or DTDs to create the messages. Map it to IMPORTED IDOC Type ORDERS.ORDERS05. Interface them using an RFC program or whatever you want to do with. This is the process to be followed in Int repository.

Putforth your process need to be configured, probably a better idea can be shared by anybody.

Good Luck,

Srini.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhandu,

>>>Don't I have to set the partner profile with outbound parmtrs with ORDERS as message type?

no you don't have to

take a look at this weblog:

it shows step by step procedure on how to post idoc

form XI to R3

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

Regards,

michal