cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPAgent in CRM 5. is not visible in SMD

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have connected a CRM 5.0 in my solman with the CRM server and CRM java components (CRM java associated to a JAVA system). When i run setup wizard in http://xxxxx.xx.xx:xxx/smd -> diagnostics setup->managed systems->setup wizard the managed system CRM 5.0 changes to green but when i go to EPAgent and select the CRM system does not appear any EPAgent. In the last operations results appear the messages:

"There is no host running sapj2ee on the selected system" (It's no true)

"EPAgent only supports NW04 and NW04s components"

Anybody knows what can i do to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bernd_koegel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

first, you should make sure that EP Agent is running & connected to Introscope Enterprise Manager:

Check within IS Webview or Workstation: Investigator -> SuperDomain -> <host name> -> SAP EPAgent -> Launch Time

Regards, Bernd

0 Kudos

Hello Bernie,

i have checked it and it is not running but in my EP portals it is running. I thought the start of the EPAgent was automatically cause in EPs has been as i tell you.

Then, how can i start it?

Thanks and regards

Carlos

bernd_koegel
Explorer
0 Kudos

no, the EP Agent is running (similar to SAPOSCOL) independently on OS level. In contrast, the Introscope Bytecode Agent is running within the Portal's JVM.

Customizing & starting EPAgent is explained in the 'Wily Introscope installation guide 7.1' that can be found on SMP /solutionmanager -> Installation Guides -> 4.0

Cheers, Bernie

0 Kudos

Hello Bernie,

I have configured and launched the EPAgent in my CRM system as the willy introscope installation guide recomends but i can't see the agent in solution manager diagnostics, and i don't know the reason....

Regards

Carlos

bernd_koegel
Explorer
0 Kudos

you chan check if it works:

- there should be 2 agents for this host shown in Introscope Investigator (see my reply from yesterday)

- the E2E memory analysis should work (it uses EPAgent to collect memory information out of the std_server.out file)

Bernd

0 Kudos

Hello Bernie,

- i have two agentes in webview

- i suppose that is running ok, i don't see E2E memory but in "SAP GC" it is collecting data.

The following messages still appear:

"There is no host running sapj2ee on the selected system."

"EPAgent only supports NW04 and NW04s components."

bernd_koegel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can you see a graphic showing memory consumption based on GCs ?

If yes:

- EPAgent is running fine !

- the error msg. can be ignored, perhaps CRM 5.0 is not fully implemented with SMD SP < 13

Bernie

0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, i can see the that consumption, so, it is running, but... what can the errors i find affect in solution management?

bernd_koegel
Explorer
0 Kudos

I suggest to ignore the error messages when all SMD functions are running well.

EPAgent is only there to provide technical information. The whole architecture will be changed for SP 13 anyway (available in Oct.).

Bernie

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bernie

Answers (0)