cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in file to IDoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai All,

While doing File to IDoc scenario we have to define logical systems in third party and web as abap technical systems and in SAP R/3.

Is the logical system defined in third party technical system should have the same name as logical system in SAP R/3?

I am getting the following error:

Error Category IDOC_ADAPTER

Error Code ATTRIBUTE_INV_RCV_SERV

Can anyone give me a solution

Message was edited by:

Namburi Kalpana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Juz to put foward the usage of logical system name in a scneario involving IDOC.

If the sender system is an SAP system, the sender service is identified from the system ID (for example, BCE) of the sender port (for example, SAPBCE) and the client

If the sender system is a non-SAP system, the sender service is identified from the <b>logical system name</b> of the sender port.

Now in a FILE to IDOC scenario. logical system names doesn't have much part to play.

1) Define the logical system name for third party legacy application (file) and for sap on WEBASABAP while configuring the technical system.

2) on XI create a RFC destination to sap R/3. rfcdestnation name = logical system name if specified in technical system while creating it.

3) Define a port on the idoc adapter and the specify the same rfc destination that was specified in step 2.

On r/3.

RFC destination to XI.

Generate partner profile with file logical system name and add inbound parameters.

In idoc adapter:

1) RFC Destination

Enter the RFC destination of the receiver system.

2) Port

Specify the port that the IDoc adapter uses to receive the IDoc metadata

3) SAP Release

To convert the data from IDoc XML to IDoc format, the receiver IDoc adapter requires the IDoc metadata

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently i completed this scenario(file to idoc),

so as per that i encountered problem where my Logical system name in SLD [Technical system for idoc (receiver)] was different as comparison to the one visible in R/3,

so after i corrected it to the same LS name as in R/3, it was working,

so pls see to it,

Regards,

Pratibha

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There is no need to define the same logical system name you can use different also as they are both separately identified and where do you need to give logical system name for Third party system .I haven't come acroos one Logical name is required in WEb AS ABAP ( SAP R/3) systems.

Regards

former_member184543
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need not be.. You can give any ame. But the Logical System name in SAP R/3 should be the ssame as the one in ABAP TEchnical System Client number and Name

Thanks

Sanjo