cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Vanishes after Merging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After i Merge records in data manager i dont knw wher the data goes its not in the recod list as merged records....How to get it...or is there anything iam missing on it...

Thanks in advance,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

After merging records it will show the status whether the duplicate records found or not. then click on any single record in the duplicates. you will see the remaining records below in matches tab. click the check box in front of these records and go to merge records.right click and merge records.

i think it will help you a lot. and let me know if any further query.

Thanks,

Alok Sharma

Please reward this point if found problem solved.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Basically merging of records is used to eliminate duplicates. It depends upon what rules and strategies you have applied. Once you have identified the duplicates in table and apply merge all the duplicates are eliminated.

for example: you have selected the field Name in the roles and the Name field contains 5 rows with same value 'Charan' now when you go for matching it will give a duplicate count for all the fields. now select one of the field and select merge tab and merge the five columns into one. this will keep only one record in the table and delete the remaning records.

Please let me know in case you have any other issues

Thanks

Charan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it now first we need to set the value or concatnate the value and merge it.

Thanks,

Suresh

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

if you merge records in Data Manager, MDM creates a new records that contains all segemnts that you've chosen for the merge. The "old" records that have been the source for the merge are deleted. Only the key mapping information of the old records is appended to the new record.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

But i can see only a Null value only. Do i have to create a Auto id field in repository for this....

Thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe, one of the fields of the records you try to merge is marked as unique.

If there is a record somewhere in the table having the same field value as you try to assign to that of your merged record, than the field in the merged record will be reset to null to avoid conflict.

Hope, this helps.