cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing problem in query template editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After creating connection to MySQLserver in my machine through DATA Servers after that i tried to access that server(through name of server ex:mysqlconnect) in

query template editor by following the procedure then i am not getting the modes list

procedure what we followed:

Data Servers->query template editor->select new->select TagQuery->select mysqlconnect

here in modes window i have to get modesbut i am not getting anything except message "No Data Available".

In the same way there is one more in Tag Query section that is simulator where i am getting all modes.

Please help me out how to get that modes for the connection we have created(mysqlconncet)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srikanth,

Based upon the simple nature of this inquiry, and the responses so far, I am speculating that you are very new to the product and have not had any formal product training. I would encourage you to pursue the SAP education courses to get a proper foundation on the xMII software.

'No Data Available' always implies that a Fatal Error occured and in the case of the Template Editor you will see additional information in the Sun Java Console which should give you indication as to the underlying issue. The console is the same place to look if you encounter this error message in any of the runtime applets.

Any error like this also produces an error message along with all sorts of additional troubleshooting details in the general logs which are accessible from the main Menu.

Regards,

Jeremy Good

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Srikanth

The "TagQuery" type is for querying "tag-aware" time series data sources such as historians. MySQL is a relational database - use the "SQLQuery" type and see how you go.

Try studying the xMII manual, especially the section on data services and connectors...

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

Thanks for helping in getting modes, but now we are facing another problem.

The problem is we are not getting result template after writing query and testing it thorugh Test button, it is displaying a screen and asking in which format you want the desired result template like plain\text etc, after that it is not diplaying any result template.

If it displays the result template then only we can store that template into our personal folder and we can go further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikanth,

Click O.K button after selecting the format you want or simply press O.K button, the result will be displayed in the new browser. From that you can find whether your query is working fine or you will get some error message from that you can debug.

You can save the template without testing also if you are confident about the query you written.

As Sascha mentioned, please read the xMII manual and proceed further.

Regards

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether the query you have entered in xMII is a valid query and actually should return data.You can check by running the same query in SQL server and see if it returns any records.

Hope this helps,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Actullay we used Fixed query "select sal from emp orderby ename" .It is working fine in MYsql . In Query Template Editor after writing the query by using Fixed query, Test Button is pressed then we are getting a dialogue box stating that in which format you want to display the template and after selecting the format to display the template and click ok then we are not getting any result template actually we have to get the result template.

Before Testing the query if we do save it is working fine and the query is saving in the desired folder in xml form with query details.

Regards

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth!

The "Modes" window should get populated once the Data Server is selected, like it is happening in Simulator Data Server.

Please once check your Data Server set up. Has the "Enabled" check box in Data Server setup been selected?

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

If we didn't select enabled option in Data Servers then we can't see the desired connection in Query Template editor. The problem what we are facing right now is modes window is getting for that connection but we are not able to see any modes in that window for that particular connection(except message "No Data Available").

We are able to see some modes for simulator which is already established defualtly and the modes for this are current,group list,history etc

Like this we want modes for the connection what we are looking for instead of the above specified message in modes window.