cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In sales return scenario, when I am doing PGR from my system, the stocks are not reflecting in our stock as unrestricted stock. Rather the system is showing it under the heads "returns" and is not considerin them to be a part of the deliverable inventory. Can someone please explain how can I correct this.

The process I am following is as follows:

1) Creation of sales order with order type ZRET(copied from RE)

2) Creation of delivery and PGR. A goods movement doc is getting generated with movement type 651 + and the relevant material and qtty.

3) Creation of invoice with reference to the sales order

4) Account posting.

Please note that the account document is also not getting generated automatically. I have to go to the transaction vf02 and make the postings manually. I want the accouting document to be automatically generated when I save the return invoice. Plesae suggest a solution for this as well.

Thanks and Regards

Sulabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sulubh,

The returns goods by standard way are posted under "Returns" stock. If you want to change the same then do the following:

1) Go in Sales order change and look for "Schedule line Category" in the item level. It must be DN in case of Returns. Then use T-code VOV6 and look for the Schedule line category DN and see the details. Here you must have mentioned the Movemement type 651. Change the movement type "653". But before doing so re-check your requirement as after this setting the returns stock will automatically go in unrestricted stock and it will be difficult for you to know the Returns stock for a particular material.

2) For your 2nd requirement for creation of Accounting doc immediately after post the Invoice use T-code VOFA and look for your Returns Billing type --> Details. Here you must have tickmarked the POSTING BLOCK button. If you de-select it the Returns Invoice will be automatically posted to Accounting.

Hope the above helps you.

REWARD if it helps you.!!

Regards,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajinkya for your answer... in case I leave it as it is, what will be the subsequent procedure for the use of these stocks in our system? Will we then transfer it to unrestricted stocks or can i simply sell them as it is. how are these stocks different from those in "unrestricted stock" category

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

try using tcode MB1B FOR TRANSFERING RETURNS TO UNRESTICTED STOCK

REGARDS

PRASHANTH

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi, generally return goods are not put in unrestricted use if material ok, then we have to transfer from return head to unrestricted use by tranfering tounrestrictedmvement type