cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown problem in table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One custom Function Module is returning me the three structures EX_WAGETYPES(Fields wages type),EXWAGETYPE_TEXTS(Fields wages type,desc),EXRETURN(for any errors.).I am creating a table whose datasource is also the second structure.I am populating the drop down from the field is wages type from Second structue.The second column of the table is textview with Description.I have to shaow the corresponding description after selecting the drop down. I am able to do that but problem is that when in onselect the all the drop down showing the same selection & same description. Please hlep me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prosun,

In continuation to the previous thread, can you let me know what code do you have in your OnSelect Action Handler?

<i>This should not contain any code for setting the context each time OnSelect is triggered.</i>

Your selection of description will automatically be handled by the lead selection.

Regards,

Neha

<i><b>PS: Reward if Helpful</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not written anything in that method.just created the method.It is still not working. I need it very urgent. Please help me.I tried your code.But is is only showing a dropdown with 'one' & 'Two' only in the first row of the table.Can u give me more detail, or the sample application you developed. Ple........as.....e.............

Thanks,

Prosun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prosun,

Have you made the cell editor for the table column as DropDownByKey? If you have done that, it will show the dropdown in all the rows of the first column.

Also, to get your own values in the dropdown, you need to attach your value set to the node info. Create this by creating an internal table of (wagestypecode, descrption) as i mentioned earlier

Regards,

Neha

<i><b>PS: Reward if Helpful</b></i>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prosun,

If you use dropdownByKey with a value set, only the choosen value from the dropdown is set, and not the others like the description field.

Therefore you should use dropdownByIndex in a subnode of the node holding the other data. Then on Select the leadselection of the new node is changed. If you bind the desription text field to the description in the subnode, it will automatically be set correctly.

Please make sure that the subnode is NOT a singleton.

Ciao, Regina