SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import ABAP is failing at the time of ERP 2005 installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We are using SUSE Linux 10 and MaxDB 7.6 to install ERP 2005SR2. Istallation is failing at the Import ABAP stage. Could any one help me out what could be the reason behind it.

Here is the log of import_monitor.java.log.

Loading of 'SAPSSEXC_3' import package: ERROR

Import Monitor jobs: running 2, waiting 34, completed 1, failed 1, total 38.

Loading of 'DOKCLU' import package: ERROR

Import Monitor jobs: running 1, waiting 34, completed 1, failed 2, total 38.

Thanks,

Preeti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Preeti,

can you please post the content of 'SAPSSEXC_3.LOG' and 'DOKCLU.LOG'? Only the parts where ERRORS are shown. The logfiles can be found the the installation directory. It looks like, that after importing the first part, all other imports fail. Maybe the database suddenly went down? What does 'ps -auxf' say? If there is no 'kernel' process running, whats the contant of 'knldiag' (/sapdb/<indep_data_path>/wrk/<SID>/knldiag). Are there any ERR messages inside?

Thanks,

Hannes Kuehnemund

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Preeti,

can you please post the content of 'SAPSSEXC_3.LOG' and 'DOKCLU.LOG'? Only the parts where ERRORS are shown. The logfiles can be found the the installation directory. It looks like, that after importing the first part, all other imports fail. Maybe the database suddenly went down? What does 'ps -auxf' say? If there is no 'kernel' process running, whats the contant of 'knldiag' (/sapdb/<indep_data_path>/wrk/<SID>/knldiag). Are there any ERR messages inside?

Thanks,

Hannes Kuehnemund

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you have set enough swap (the more the better).

Regs,

FS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

Can you please provide me the details or information for the Pre-Preparation of OS on Linux10, with MaxDB.

As i need to setup the server with the same OS and DB for my client.

Please specify details for File Systems to be partitioned,parameters to be set,swap space to be prepared etc.

Appreciate for the immediate response...

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

> Hi Preeti,

>

> Can you please provide me the details or information

> for the Pre-Preparation of OS on Linux10, with MaxDB.

>

> Please specify details for File Systems to be

> partitioned,parameters to be set,swap space to be

> prepared etc.

Check the installation Master Guide for ERP 2005 SR2, the necessary filesystem sizes are there.

Swap space and other things depend on the sizing for the target system, all necessary information is available in the Master and Installation guide and the installation notes.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone. The issue was with MaxDB, I had to restart it again to proceed with the installation. I found this out after couple of reinstallation attempts.

Preeti