cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see the stock of a variant configuration material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have created a material as configurable material by selecting the check box,material is configurable in basic data2 and item category group as 0002.

For ex: The material I created is SHIRT.

I have created two characteristics SIZE and COLOR.

Size has values small,medium and large and COLOR has values blue,white and black.

I created a sales order with material SHIRT and its characteristics as small and blue color.

I want to see the stock for this combination,whether it is available r not...

How to do we maintain stock for one material with different characteristics...

Regards

Sreekar M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Let me try :

first you have created only one material and so logically you could have only one material in stock. Char. are features of that material, so u could say a red small shirt / blue large shirt.....but anyway you have created only one material as Shirt.

Use tx. MMBE for stock @ company code / Plant level.

Hope this clarifies.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zapper

As there is only one material, it shows only one material in stock and we dont know wht are the characteristics of it....i.e whether it red color or blue color etc...

Regards

Sreekar M

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

u can check the stock in MMBE

0 Kudos

Hi

Variant configuration is make to order or stock. and generally we dont maintain stock for all those no of materials and stock is not maintained for all this. only after the request or order from the customer we will pass the recquirement to MM & PP and based on that they will manufacture the stock and send it.

hope this helps and

dont forget to give points

regrds

preetham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham

Appreciate for your response.

I agree with you if it is make to order.

But if the scenario is make to stock,then how to look at the stock.

Regards

Sreekar M

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If it is make to stock, there is a concept called as Material variant. By your sales history, you realise that shirts of particular configuration are sold in high quantities and hence you create the stock in advance.

In the system, you create a separate material for that and you can assign this material as the material variant of the original configurable material. You can view the stock of the variant material in MMBE.

If you are planning to introduce material variant, there are sets of configuration needed for this.

Reward if this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha

How to assign a material to a configurable material

Regards

Sreekar M