cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master: Basic Data1: Default weight unit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create new materials with MM01. Is there a way to default the 'Weight Unit' to 'lb' in Basic Data1 view while creating the materials?

Is this possible in the config, or should be accomodated somewhere else.

Thnx,

Abhi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I figured out is: I can assign a DUW (Default unit of weight) to the Material Group and can assign that material group to the material along with creation of the Sales view.

In that case, the default unit of weight gets carried over for all the assigned material groups.

Tx: OMSF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Any Updates? Please let us (SDN) members know about your Issue,

waiting for your reply.

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

There is no way you can do this mandatory field through Configuration, as this field is mandatory in the Sales View,

As Basic Data 1 & Basic Data 2 are the general data at company level not to any specific unit/Plant or division, so it is suggested not to tamper with these two Screens/Tabs.

Through ABAP you can do this Field as Mandatory and fix the value as "lb" but it is not recommended from Business Point of View or for Future point of view.

You need to convince this to your customer.

Go to a TCODE "OMSR" and select the field "Weight Unit" and select the category and find the exit on this field and you can do this as mandatory

Warning/Error:- Not to Tamper with BD1 & BD2 Screens for any reasons, just convince your customer on those grounds.

Regards

Rehman