cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating taxonomy table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi need help with steps / example to create a taxonomy table. Thank you in advance.

Regards

B Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaram,

1) Initially when you create a Repository, you get some tables by default, one those tables is Categories tables which is an Taxonomy table; if you want to check it; select the repository name and in the right pane next to the categories table the type will be taxonomy.

2) In case if you require an additional taxonomy table then you got to select the repository name; and right click on the right pane and select add table; and when describing the properties in the pane below it, just select the type as taxonomy.

I hope this will solve your first question.

Now coming to the second question; where taxonomy can be applied

If you have a certain requirement as you have a hierarchy of values, and have certain attributes and those atributes have certain values; in this case you require to go have an taxonomy table.

for ex : if you have a hierarchy item as computer

and its attributes are ram, mouse,monitor etc

and now each have values in turn as

ram : 128 MB, 512 MB, 1GB

Mouse : optical, scroll, wireless

Monitor : 14", 19" , 21"

in this kind of scenarios you can go for taxonomy tables;

Buts to get full advantage of this use it in taxonomy mode only.

I hope this will be answer you were waiting for.

Regards

CHARAN S.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaram,

You can download the "Business Content" data with the MDM components on the Service Marketplace. There are pre-set samples for Article, Business Partner, Customer, Employee, Material, Product, and Vendor repositories. You need to place the a2a file in the Archive folder under the MDM Server installation folder. You can then unarchive the repositories in the Console. This should help give you some basics/examples of different taxonomy tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply. I have products and material repositories unarchived. I am developing a custom repository. If we need to create a taxonomy in custom repository I am looking for steps or examples.

Regards

Bala Pochareddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaram,

Have you downloaded the MDM Console Reference Guide? There should be valuable information in there to help guide you on setting up a custom repository.

<a href="http://service.sap.com/installMDM">http://service.sap.com/installMDM</a>

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Please find the Console ref guide which has complete insight of all table types involved in the repository....go thru the same, if you find any difficulties or clarifications please feel free to revert back to us...

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/8e/9f9c427055c66ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm">Console Reference Guide</a>

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

Thank you for the reply. I have no problem in creating a repository. My question is what are the steps (pre and post) I should do before I create a taxonomy table if i need to create one in this repository. Thank you.

Regards

Bala Pochareddy