cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with change version of the PO...Reply soon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing the problem regarding the change version of the PO.

Purchase Order created and approved. Price amended and approved. User now needs to amend quantity, but when clicks on 'change' gets message <u><i><b>'Action not possible because change version exists'</b></i></u>.

i have checked the Workflow which is working fine.What might be the cause of this

Awaiting for your reply.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you change an ordered PO,SRM creates a change version of the PO till it gets approved.During approval stage you cannot change the active document of PO, as the change version is not approved.In your case it seems your change version is still in awaiting approval stage and you are trying to change the active document.

Therefore first get the change version approved and then change the PO.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

the entry in table BBP_PDHGP , Entry: CHANGE_LOCK = X, but r u suggesting to delete this entry from table which is not good.

i am surprised to see that there is no workflow for the change PO as the status is inactive. the price is change from 670 to 778 which is showing fine and replicated to backend its further changes to 790 but this changes are only visible to 'display change document' and neither in PO nor its replicated to backend. and no workflow for the same also. i check the BBP-WFLOCK to see any workflow is locked but its not he same.

i have raised the OSS note...

if any feedback from anybody most appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

We are facing the same issue 'Actionnot possible because of change version exists ' which you have raised already to SAP.

How you resolved this issue?

Have you applied any note for this.

Please let me know.

HI any one,

if you have any idea about this issue, Please reply back.

Appreciate your quick response.

Regards,

Surya Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh / All,

We are also having a similar problem with one of the P.Os.

While clicking change the message " Action not possible because change versions exist".

We have checked BBP_PDHGP and the Change_Version field is flagged "X".

Please let us know what could be done to resolve this issue.

Also let us know whether removing the flag will resolve this issue or not.

Regards,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. Can you guys update this thread as to how this issue was resolved?

Thanks,

JR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JR,

This issue comes when the change version is locked. No further changes are allowed until and unless this lock is removed.

Please check in BBP_PDHGP for the concerned P.O whether the Change_Version field is flagged "X" or not.

In that case just ask your ABAP guy to write a simple program (which is executable in SE38) to remove the lock indicator (LS_LOCK) for the GUID of P.O. lock version (LV_GUID).

This has resolved the issue in our case and further changes can be made to P.O.

Regards,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check for a flag in table BBP_PDHGP , Entry: CHANGE_LOCK = X

The flag should be only removed, if no change version exists. IMPORTANT!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with BBP_PD....is status approved and work item is in completed status in workflow item?

If this is the case then it will work otherwise workflow itself is not in approval status so that till the completion of item you can change any thing......Check the save changes version WF ...wether the conditions are proper or not.....and one cause may be due to transfer process of document.....

Navneet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your feedback, but unfortunately not able to resolve the same.

The PO is not in approval status means it has been approved.The PO is replicated in the backend.

also unable to delete the change version as when i am clicking change it showing message ' action not possible because change version exists'

Message was edited by:

Rupesh Mundhada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Awaiting for you feeback......

Message was edited by:

Rupesh Mundhada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Seems like a SAP bug in the system...</u> Please raise a customer OSS message with SAP as well for faster processing of this issue.

"I was a little bit surprised as well.

But this is what a saw in the code of SRM 4.0 & 5.0.

This control is linked to message BBP_PD 200 Purchase orders that have been ordered cannot be deleted.

In term of process, you will have to "delete" all PO items and send this OrderChange to the supplier.

There is also another control: to enable the "delete" button, the system simulate the cancellation action. So if the customizing of a system or user status prohibit the deletion action, then the simulation fails and the button is disabled."

Related link->

<b>Do update me as well.</b>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

'Action not possible because change version exists'.

Change version exists means whatever the changes in the PO are not replicated to SAP R/3 system. If the changes you made are there in SRM but not replicated to backend R/3 system than you need to first delete the change version.

Once the change version is deleted changes can be done to the PO.

Regards

Hiten

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

> Dear All,

>

> I am facing the problem regarding the change version

> of the PO.

>

> Purchase Order created and approved. Price amended

> and approved. User now needs to amend quantity, but

> when clicks on 'change' gets message

> <u><i><b>'Action not possible because change version

> exists'</b></i></u>.

>

> i have checked the Workflow which is working

> fine.What might be the cause of this

>

> Awaiting for your reply.

Hi,

1. Please check that the changed PO is indeed in approved status (the status I1015 must in inactive in BBP_PD)

2. If not, please check using the standard PO workflow if you are using a customized one.

3. Please check that the PO output has been sent correctly.

Regards.

Yeu Sheng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yen.

Hope you are doing fine.

The points 1 and 3 is working fine. We have used the z workflow copied from standard zero step approval workflow WS 14000075. This is working fine for rest of the PO's so not able to understand what will be the exact cause of the error.

Please revert back if i need to check anything specific in workflow,

also looking to hear the other approch for the above problem if there.

thanks in advance.