cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to determine which WD applicaition is used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 appliations sharing the same component. How do i determine which one is being used?

I want to know because I want one application to be slightly different (hide a few buttons). Am I on the right track, or should "Application Parameters" be used? if so, how?

Thanks,

faB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi faB,

you should not execute it from the view.

- attach it to a context attribute type String

- create a context mapping to the view

- in the init method of the controller, do the call and assign the application name to the context attribute

Greets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi faB

try this:

wdControllerAPI.getApplication().getName();

Greetings,

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marius.

The wdController.getApplication method doesn't exist, but if found that this did work:

wdComponentAPI.getApplication().getName()

thanks for send me off in the right direction.

Cheers,

faB

Message was edited by: faB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Well if it is a plain WebDynpro App then have you created all Development Components. If i understand correctly there is a DC that is shared by 2 other DC's. Well you will have to pass the Component Name or Application name to the common component so that it knows which DC called it. I dont know how you are invoking the common component. If its like defining a public part like you do in normal DC scenario then you can use the interface controller and pass the data.

Hope that helps you.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

all i have done is create a 2nd application inside the webdynpro that "uses existing components", opposed to creating a new one.

All I want to do it have a second app that has all the same functionality, but one button is hidden.