cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used DC missing in Build check: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/javaLib

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you can see I'm no Java expert

Can anybody tell me where I need to specify this basic library?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The missing build-plugin (tc/bi/bp/javalib) is a part of the SAP_BUILDT software component.

1) If you are using the Local configuration ("Local Development" node in the "Local DCs" view): Verify if this DC is listed under the "SAP_BUILDT" node. If not, then you have a problem with your NWDevStudio installation - try re-installing it.

2) If you are using a remote development configuration: verify that you have imported the SAP_BUILDT.sca into your track. This can be verified by expanding the "sap.com_SAP_BUILDT_*" node in the "Active DCs" view under the node of your remote development configuration. You should be able to see the DC tc/bi/bp/javalib there. (If not, then import the sca into your track using CMS Transport Studio, and then restart your Developer Studio).

Regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note that you must've specified the 3 standard SCA's (SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS, SAP-JEE) as Usage Dependencies for the SC you're developing. This is done in the SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for the detailed answer!

I'm using a remote development configuration.

I cannot extend any of the items under "Active DCs". Under "Local Development" I find the SAP_BUILDT_1 and underneath this tree I find the mentioned library but I also cannot find it under "Local DCs" under the Development Configuration I'm using.

I expect that there is an error in the setup of my NW Dev. Studio.

The buildt log looks like this

"Development Component Build (2005-07-14 13:04:41)

Component name: techjdi/tax/calc1

Component vendor: hp.com

SC compartment: hp.com_TECH_JDITEST_1

Configuration: WAS_TECHJDI_D

Source code location: http://assetbbn.bbn.hp.com:50000/dtr/ws/TECHJDI/hp.com_TECH_JDITEST/dev/inactive/DCs/hp.com/techjdi/...

DC root folder: C:\Documents and Settings\bneumann\.dtc\0\DCs\hp.com\techjdi\tax\calc1\_comp\

DC type: Java

Host: BNEUMANN

DC Model check:

[dcmake] All used DCs are available locally

[dcmake] ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/javaLib. DC not found in DC syncdb

[dcmake] Build failed with errors."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hace you synchronized your DC to Database,if its Synched you wil abel to see , put it in to local directory, edit.

This may be the reason you are getting error

Regards,

RK

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You say that you can't see any items under SAP_BUILDT in the "Active DCs" view - then the problem is that you have not imported the SAP_BUILDT.sca file into your track. You need to import this and two other SCAs (SAP-JEE.sca and SAP_JTECHS.sca) into your track, to develop applications in JDI.

If you had already imported it, then could you try doing a "Restore System State", and reimorting these entries into the Dev system? After that you should see the DCs listed under each of these nodes in the "Active DCs" view.

Regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your help! I'm not sure what went wrong with my previous import of these libraries but after reimporting these SCAs the buildt succeeded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a very similar problem. I am working on Scenario 2+. I have defined a SC with dependencies listed in the CMS track. The buildspace has all 3 compartments (sap.com_SAP_BUILDT, sap.com_SAP-JEE & sap.com_SAP_JTECHS) defined.

In my NWDS, I imported the development configuration and I do see the 3 components in my local DCs and Active DCs window. But my Inactive DCs window doesnt show it. I tried Sync Used DCs but it didnt help. I keep getting the error

"ERROR: tax/calc: Build failed for intel.com/tax/calc(intel_JDI_TEST_1) in variant "default": Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/javaLib".

Thx in advance

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those 3 compartments only exist in the Active workspace, that's why they don't show up in the Inactive DC's window. It's supposed to be that way. Did you get any errors while calling Sync Used DCs?

Try creating another similar DC from scratch (make sure you are logged in) and see if that gives the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. I had added the 3 SCs to the dependent SC list in the landscape configurator, but had not checked-in and imported them. I copied the 3 .sca files from the plugins directory to the inbox of transport studio, checked-in and imported them. Everything started working then.

Here is the link to execute the steps I missed

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/6760b8d7b64b6eb74052eb5bdf1405/content.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Login to NWDI in NWDS, rightclick the DC you're trying to build and select "Sync Used DCs".

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did this already before but it didn't help.

Possibly I'm running into this problem as I updated my NWDS to PL12.

By the way I'm not using a local J2EE engine. Do I need to copy this library from the SAP J2EE server? I couldn't find it there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you have JDK 1.4 or higher version installed.

check your WAS and NWDS and JDI of same version.

still if you get specific error let us know

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version is your NWDI server running? I've seen problems when the NWDI and NWDS are not on the same SP level...