cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling fault messages in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using BPM for a RFC to SOAP scenario to handle Fault messages. (Please have a look at my previous post also )

I have created an exception block in BPM to catch the fault message from SOAP service. Inside the exception block i need to map the fault message to RFC response. But fault message is not accessible in Exception block.

Let me know if you have any idea to solve this.

Thanks,

Uma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

I have a similar requirement where i need to catch the error message in BPM. Please let me know if you were able to acheive this.

Thanks,

Bhargav

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's no way, as of now.

BR,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uma:

Let me make clear the requiremt. You have RFC Import(aka Request message) and Export(aka Response + Exception) and you have Web Service with Request, Response, Fault messages. And you want to send the fault messages back to the RFC in addition to the response. I was wondering, If we do the following mapping without BPM, does that fulfill your requirement.

RFC-Import <----

> SOAP Request

RFC-Export <----

> SOAP Response

RFC-Export <----

> SOAP Fault

Can you let me know if you face any problems with this one. I have seen your other thread and was wondering, whats the problem is. May be I didn't understand the requirement properly. Please clarify me

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try the following blog to catch SOAP fault messages if possible in BPM

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/01/16/xi-propagation-of-meaningful-error-information-to-soap-client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma, were you able to identify the solution. I have a similar requirement. Is there a workaround.. !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do anyone have suggestions for this?

Thanks,

Uma