cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding mandatory fields, Context Objects and Fault Message Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1) I am creating a structure with 3 fields ( Name, Street, City). While creation i want to set the field "Name" as mandatory. Is it possible in XI.

2) Kindly suggest me what is the purpose of context objects and in which situation we will use this.

3) Kindly suggest me what is the purpose of Fault Message Types and in which situation we will use this.

4) In file to file scenario at sender side i have taken adapter as file and the Transport Protocol as FTP, it is asking for Server, Port and user credentials of FTP. Could you explain what is FTP and what is it's purpose, do i need to take any login details from my network administrator. Kinly suggest on this.

Kindly look into above points and respond point by point.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prem.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem

Answer to question 4. FTP means File Transfer Protocol - something similar to HTTP but used for accessing files over the internet. You need to give transport protocol as FTP if the location where you are taking files from is a remote one, you need these parameters to reach the location. The remote location should be configured to act as a FTP server in this case. The log in parameters are required to access the folder.

If you take the file from local folder, you can give transport protocol as NFS. Hope that clears your doubt.

CHEERS

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

1. It is possible to make a field mandatory by setting its occurrence as 1 to 1 or 1 to unbounded.

2. A Context object is an alias to XPath expressions and used for reaching a particular field of the message.

Read about it at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ce/1d753cab14a909e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

3. A Fault message is meant for conveying the error back to the sender of message without using a synchronous call. Have a look at the link to know more.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dd/b7623c6369f454e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

CHEERS

Amit