Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDDEXECL

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are having some issues.

Some of the transports are failing with RC=12.

On investigations i found that whenever the job RDDEXECL runs on a particular App Server it fails and hence the resulting Transport.

Ex:Temporary log
<hostname>\sapmnt\trans\tmp\PSER902400.PRE not found

Execution of programs after import (XPRA)

End date and time : 20070730171133

Ended with return code: ===> 12 <===

If the job RDDEXECL runs on other App Servers it ends successfuly and hence the resulting Transport also is a success.

Can someone tell me what is this job for and when does this get kicked off and is <b>there any way by which we can restrict this job to run always on a particlaur App Server?</b>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor

Hi Bidwan,

It seems like the particular appl server where the job is crashing may not have access to the trasnport directory... check that at AL11 and see if you can access DIR_TRANS and if its pointing to the right location.

In the other hand you can specify in SM36 the appl. server where you want the job to run so you can go to SM37 look for the realease job, mark it and click on Change and then specify the appl server and that will do.

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Correct. That particular App server is not able to access the transport directory. We will investigate further.

But now to solve the transport issue we need to get a workaround.

It is not possible to reschedule/change the job RDDEXECL to run on a particular server because i cannot see this job in scheduled status. Its not like a normal job wherein we can reschedule it through SM37 look for the realease job, mark it and click on Change and then specify the appl serve.

I guess it just gets kicked off whenever we apply a transport. Can someone tell me how to make this job to run on a particular server.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bidwan,

As far as i can see the job is a SAP standard job using DDIC and triggered when you start a transport, so seems like the job is realease to any appl. server that has a background process free using logon balancing... I don't think is possible to specify a particular server.

I think your best shot is to fix the problem with the transport directory that must be pretty simple.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what is not getting fixed.

I had raised a Thread for this

but no success..

Do u have any points to add on this.

Answers (0)