cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ContextAttribute has javaNativeType Calendar can not be selected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my application ,i am using web service model in webdynpro application.One of response field type is date in web service model.In view when i am trying to bind

response attributes into table,All context attributes are bound successfully except date attribute,It is displaying error message that Context Attribute has javaNativeType Calendar can not be selected.

Thanks & Regards

muna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Since this is model binding,there is no option for edit the type field.

Thanks & Regards

muna

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use a calculated attribute of DDIC type "date" in the view context that performs the conversion.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. I am getting the date type from WS into my component controller from where i bind it to the view controller. I need to display the date in a table.

I am not sure of the approach you are suggesting. Is there any way you could explain in detail your suggestion as i am not very expert in WebDynpro.

Thanks

Nahman

Former Member
0 Kudos

General rule: UI element properties cannot be bound against Java native types but only against DDIC types. If you have a context attribute of a native type and you want to bind against it, a workaround is to create a calculated attribute of corresponding DDIC type and use the set/get methods to do the conversion.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your reply.In webservice this field is already declared as date type .After context binding attribute type java.util.Calendar is displaying,so there is no need to change type to Calendar,but when i am trying to bind into table in that time it is displaying error message that ContextAttribute has javaNativeType Calendar can not be selected.

Thanks & Regards

muna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muna..

You cannot bind the contextattribute of the type javaNativetype. Instead of tht you can use dictionary data type to bind attribute into the table Hope this will helpful for u..

Urs GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

do this ..

In context attribute, Select type->...->java native type->browse->type calender->ok

Urs GS