cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC - Program Id

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am working on a scenario where XI is installed within the CRM box. In one of the functionality, the user enters data in the GUI and upon submit a RFC function module is triggerred and data is passed to XI. In XI we are using the RFC Sender Adapter to process the data coming from CRM. I have created a RFC destination of type T and in the Registered Program entered a unique name which i am using as the program name in the RFC sender adapter.

Now my question is, there is no wrapper program. I am enter the RFC function module in the IMG setting such that whenever a submit is clicked the module getting triggered and data is sent to XI. In this case, where do I enter the program id as there is no wrapper class.

Please clarify.

Krishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan !

You can send data directly form R/3 to XI using RFC Sender as you are using right now, registering the program ID, both in R/3 SM59 and in the RFC sender channel. This call could be synch or asynch, so you must develop your scenario accordingly.

Another way, as stated in

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/59ef6011-0d01-0010-bfb0-b51...

you can wrap a synchronous BAPI call and to use it asynchronously from a BPM.

Regards,

Matias.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member267355
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Specifying Program id in Sender RFC adapter and in SM59 is nowhere related with Wrapper program. In both SM59 & RFC adapter configuration its mandatory to give,

when you specify there XI ll take information of R/3 system details automatically.

Regards,

Sakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create RFC destination of type T it asks for Program ID(Is doesn't mean any program or function module its just a name)

That program id is given in RFC Adapter.

Regards,

S.RamNarender

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

don't understandat the need for any wrapper in your case

you enter program id in RFC (sm59) and in sernder adapter

that's all

as per my blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards,

michal