cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proxy generation SAP .net connector 1.03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have some doubt in SAP.net connector 1.03.Can any one suggest me a solution?

i tried to generate a proxy class using sap .net connector. I follwed the following steps

1. Open Microsoft Visual Studio .NET.

2. Created a new C# Web form project

3. Added proxy classes to connect the Web applications to your SAP server.

a. In the Solution Explorer, right-click on your project.

b. Selected Add ® Add new item.

c. Select Web Project Items ® SAP Connector Class and choose Open. The SAP .NET Connector Wizard opened.

d. Selected An SAP server option

e. The next screen 'Enter Logon Information' comes where i entered the following information System as 'custom', host='IP address', Id='00' but by default it turns to '0' , client='020', user='user id' and password ='password'.

f. Selected the client proxy object type and selected beautify names option.

g. After clicking on Next button i am successfully logon into the SAP system.

h. The next screen in the wizard is 'selectall the remote function modules that you want to be part of your proxy object'.

After selecting the SAP tables and clicked on Next button I am getting following error

Error in Proxy-Generator -

-

To create a proxy directly from a SAP system, you must install a Java VM from JavaSoft Inner error was:

INFO: using logging implementation "AII Logging" Exception in thread "main"

at com.sap.aii.upload.sap.SAPConnection.(SAPConnection.java:38)

at com.sap.aii.upload.tool.RFC2WSDLTool.getWSDLforRFCs(RFC2WSDLTool.java:81)

at com.sap.aii.upload.tool.RFC2WSDLTool.main(RFC2WSDLTool.java:196)

Although JVM is installed in my machine i am getting this error.Is there any setting or property that has to be changed. Your help is appreciated

Thanks

Regards

Sreekala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekala,

how are you doing ?

does the jvm meet the min version for your set up ?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/b4/79cb9463b89a41a73e1e2805eb4bf7/frameset.htm

jdk 1.3 is sufficient for NCo 1.03

is there any specific reason why you have chosen to run the older version of the .NET Connector ?

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your quick response.

@KALENTHIRABABU PAULSAMY EMINENTLABS ,@Amit

Actually I don't know java at all. But the JVM thing has been confirmed by my friends that it has been installed. It would be helpful if you can explain me exactly how to check whether JVM is installed in my system or not. If installed which version of it been installed, and if not installed from where to download and install JVM and which version is required for SAP .net connector 1.03. I have mentioned in my previous post(SAP .NET CONNECTOR 2.0 PROBLEM) about the problem being faced by using SAP .net connector 2.0.

@ Jitesh

Hi i have restarted the system. But it did'nt help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekala,

You can go to control panel -> Add/Remove programs and check which version of the Java is installed on the system. Alternatively, go to the comand prompt type "java -version".

You may do the followings to rectify the error-

Uninstall the connector.

Uninstall the JVM.

Install the JVM.

Install the latest connector version 2.0.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jitesh,

Please provide me with the link from where i can download JVM. Also which version of JVM should i download for SAP .net connector 1.03. For SAP .net connector 2.0 i was facing authentication problems which i mentioned in my previous post Also please help me in the following thing

=> It would be helpful if you can explain me exactly how to check whether JVM is

installed in my system or not.

Thank you

Regards

Sreekala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekala,

It would be easy to answer if you let us know whether have you tried as suggested in previous post and if yes then what is the result.

Also in the other thread (Connector 2.0) of yours, you have not shared the results.

Regarding checking whether jvm is installed on your system or not, what have you done?

Have you tried typing "Java -version" on comand prompt?

or Have you checked under Add/Remove program in control panel of your system? Can you see any java/jdk installation there?

You can download java free from many sites on the net.Try out this link and do the installation it would install JVM as well - http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

You may carry on with connector version 1.0 but I still would suggest to go with more stable and latest version of .NET connector 2.0.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried in command prompt "Java -version" , It gave me the following message........

Java version "1.6.0_01"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_01-b06)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0_01-b06, mixed mode, sharing)

Does this mean that JVM version 1.6.0_01 is installed

Regarding SAP .net connector 2.0.............

when i tried to enter connect to the SAP server i.e when i had to enter credentials where i entered the following information System as 'custom', host='IP address', Id='00' but by default it turns to '0' , client='020', user='user id' and password ='password'.

After clicking on Next button i am getting the message "you are not authorized to access the target system" but with SAP .net connector 1.03 i can atleast connect to the SAP system and i am able to see the list of RFCs. So thats why i am using SAP .net connector 1.03.

Regards

Sreekala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekala,

Yes, that means the JVM is installed alright. Have you tried entering your password in UPPERCASE ?

I suspect this is the case of wrong LIBRFC32.DLL being used. Check in your windows-> System32 directory and check the version of above mentioned DLL. If it is 6.4 or above then it's correct to work with Net Connector 2.0 otherwise it is somehow got replaced with older version.

The problem with the older version was that it only allowed 8 character long password and converts all the passowrd in uppercase. Whereas the newer (one which comes with Net Connector 2.0) is case-sensitive and allows 8-40 characters in password.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As suggested i have re installed SAP .net connector 2.0 and tried with the password in upper case. now i am unable to connect to SAP server and able to generete the list of RFC available, but when i am trying to add any RFC into my designer i am getting the message

<b>INFO: using logging implementation "AII Logging"

Exception caught in method create function for DD_GET_UCLEAN Reason:null

Exception in thread "main" com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception:(127) JCO_ERROR_FIELD_NOT_FOUND :Field FLAG3 not a member of X030L

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Metadata index of(Jco.java :8654)

at com.sap.aii.upload.sap.SAPConnection.(SAPConnection.java:38)

at com.sap.aii.upload.tool.RFC2WSDLTool.getWSDLforRFCs(RFC2WSDLTool.java:81)

at com.sap.aii.upload.tool.RFC2WSDLTool.main(RFC2WSDLTool.java:196)</b>

the only differnce in th error with SAP .net connector 1.03 and SAp .net connector 2.0 is later one is not showing error message "To create a proxy directly from a SAP system, you must install a Java VM from JavaSoft Inner error was: "

I am stiill unable o generate proxy.

Regards

Sreekala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekala,

Lets do a little check-up in order to ensure the process you are following is fine-

1. You now only have NCo version 2.0 installed on your system (meaning you have removed 1.03) completely ?

2. You must have installed the NCo 2.0 after JVM installation ?

3. Check the function you are trying to generate proxy for is RFC enabled ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh

1. You now only have NCo version 2.0 installed on your system (meaning you have removed 1.03) completely ?

ANS: yes i have first uninstalled NCo 1.03 installed NCo version 2.0 and than restarted the system. Also checked the version of librfc32.dll it is "6403.3.78.4732"

2. You must have installed the NCo 2.0 after JVM installation ?

ANS: As JVM was previously installed which was confirmed by typing JAVA -version in commonad prompt as version 1.6.0_01 i did'nt reinstall JVM. But as the JVM< was already installed i can say that NCo 2.0 is installed after JVM only.

3. Check the function you are trying to generate proxy for is RFC enabled ?

ANS: How to confirm whether it is RFC enabled or not. I tried generaing proxy "RFC_READ_TABLE".

Regards

Sreekala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekala,

There are couple of things I would suggest-

1. Login into SAP using SAPGUI and execute transaction SE37. Type in the name of RFC ("RFC_READ_TABLE") and ensure under attributes tab "Remote Enabled Module" radio button is checked.

2. Read the SAP Note Number: 382318 . Regarding RFC_READ_TABLE. It clearly says that it has got a lot of restrictions and I would say you should not use it atleast for test purpose. Try out with some other RFC.

Thanks for helpful answer points.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I am really thakful for your quick response.

I tried checking the pemissions for RFC_READ_TABLE and "Remote Enabled Module" radio button is checked.

I tried with some other RFCs also i got a similar kind of error.

Could you suggest me any RFC which has all the permissions and can be generated.

once again thanks for your help.

Regards

Sreekala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekala,

You can try to drag n drop any BAPI from the function list.

Just to confirm - In VStudio you are doing "Add Item->Sap Connector Proxy" and then trying to drag n drop FRCs from VStudio Server Explorer->Sap->Functions ?

If the problem persists I would recommend to do a clean install of JVM and SAP connector again

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Just to confirm - In VStudio you are doing "Add Item->Sap Connector Proxy" and then trying to drag n drop FRCs from VStudio Server Explorer->Sap->Functions ?

ANS: Exactly i am doing the same thing.

Is there any other thing that has to be checked apart from uninstalltion?

Also can you suggest a RFC for which a proxy can be generated,for testing?

Regards

Sreekala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also in my control panel i can see

<i>1)J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 updates 6

2)Java(TM) SE Runtime environment 6 Updates 1</i>

To unistall JVM which one should i remove and than reinstall. Also can you provide me the link to download the both. The link in this post has some problems while downloading., is there any other link for downloading the same?

Thank you,

Regards

Sreekala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekala,

You can download the JVM from any of the following links-

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp (Latest version)

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_12/index.html (older but stable version)

Before new installation, ensure you have uninstalled Connector (all versions). And after JAVA installation, install Dot Net Connector again.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I have gone thrugh some other links in this forum where people were facing the same problem while generating the proxy, and in some of them i have found a solution suggesting that

"Our BASIS guys found that creating the logon group PUBLIC solved my problem."

could please give me further description what does he mean "creating logon group PUBLIC".

Waitong for your help

Regards

Sreekala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekala,

System reboot after JVM installation works sometime. Try it out if not already done.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check ur system environment variable if not set the JAVA_HOME variable set it and in Path set the jdk version bin