cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching a new browser from webGUI

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Is using mixed mode the best/easiest way to launch a new browswer passing parameters during a webGUI session?

Is there a simple way directly from ABAP? I tried using embedded JavaScript in ABAP, but didn't work.

Thanks,

Brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brian,

which "mixed mode" are you refering to? What exactly do you want to display in the new window? A new SAP GUI for HTML session? And where do you want to start the browser window from? From a transaction run in SAP GUI for Windows, or from an existing browser window already running SAP GUI for HTML?

Regards,

Jan

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Jan,

Good questions...

By "mixed mode", I mean the ITS mode where it automatically uses SAP GUI for HTML to display screens when it can not find a template.

We have a an ABAP report that is being called via webGUI from an outside application. The users would like to click on a line of the report and "drill down" in a new browser window. The "drill down" is to a URL that accepts parameters and does some kind of database lookup in PeopleSoft (dirty word, I know), then displays an HTML report.

I think I may have found a solution last night. There is a function called "ITS_BROWSER_WINDOW_OPEN" that appears to do exactly what I need. I just need to test the parameter passing, etc...

If you know of another way, please let me know as I am not 100% confident in the function module yet.

Thanks,

Brian

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Turns out this is simple:

call function 'ITS_BROWSER_WINDOW_OPEN'

exporting

url = $url

exceptions

its_not_available = 1

others = 2.