cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply patches to SP16?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for a clear direction of how to apply patches to the J2EE Engine 6.40 SP16 to SP20. I have NW04, and the patch level is 102141.313. Please tell me how to start. Thank you.

Regards,

-Napadol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Download te following file from service markeplace

CTRLMSS20_0-20001822.SAR

J2EERT20_0-10001982.SAR

J2EERTOS20_0-20001822.SAR

SAPINST20_0-20001822.SAR

Uncar these SAR files

Hope you know how to uncar these files.

After Uncarring two folders will be generated.

J2EE-RUNT-CD

SAPINST-CD

Run the <b>sapinst</b> present within the SAPINST-CD folder.

Choose the option Import support package.

This will patch the engine from SP16 to SP20

Any queries revert back.

Do reward poits.

Regards,

Nayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayana,

Thank you so much for the information, and I will follow your direction. I have never known how to uncar yet, but I will find the way to do it. I will let you know how it goes and will reward you with more points.

Regards,

-Napadol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I have a difficulty downloading those files from service market. When I tried to put them in the "Download Manager", it displayed this message

"The basket content could not be read. The following exception occurred:

http://80/~from/download_basket?_MODE=CONTENT&J_VM_VERSION=1.4.2_14-b05&J_VENDOR

=SunMicrosystemsInc.&J_VM_NAME=JavaHotSpot%28TM%29Client+VM7OS_Arch=x86&OS_VERSION

=5.1&

Is that because of the Java version? Is there any other way I could patch the engine from SP16 to SP20?

Regards,

-Napadol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the SAP Download Manager set up now. I tried to download those files from download basket, it displayed "The request failed: 400" and Download status is Partially downloaded. But the SAP Download Manager is still downloading those files. What should I do?

Regards,

-Napadol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems that the Download Basket Request times out, never mind as long as you can download the files, also check the Maintenance Guide for NW04.

<a href="https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700005930602005E">NW 04 SP installation guide</a>

Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FYI, the reason I got the error "The request failed: 400" and Download status is "Partially downloaded" is because I was unauthorized to download from service.sap.com. So, I applied two notes;

SAP Note: 1069565 - Authorization check: Error 400 with SAP Download Manager

SAP Note: 1037574 - Download authorization for S user (/swdc)

Now I have all the files downloaded completely.

Regards,

-Napadol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing another problem when trying to extract .SAR files. I ran the command C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\exe\run>SAPCAR -xvf CTRLMSS20_0-20001822.SAR ,and it displayed this message:

SAPCAR: error opening CTRLMSS20_0-20001822.SAR

SAPCAR: 0 file(s) extracted

Does anyone know what did I do wrong? How can I solve this problem?

Regards,

-Napadol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got this fixed by running the command with the full path of SAPCAR.exe and full path of .SAR files as well. It's like this;

C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\exe\run>SAPCAR -xvf C:\temp\PatchSP16\SAPINST20_0-20001822.SAR

SAPCAR: 14 file(s) extracted

-Napadol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My J2EE Engine is now version 6.40 SP20.