cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values not passing from form to context attributes (value attributes)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have bound the properties of theadobe interactive form (WD-Java) to the context attributes but the values are not passing to the value attributes at runtime.

For your information I have not bound the pdfsource binary attribute of the view to the custom controller pdfsource binary attribute.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Shobhit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Shobhit,

what happened?? did your problem get solved...??

regards,

-ag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol and Anto,

Your answers were helpful. But Im still stuck.

My view context is as follows:

-

Context

-

GetDataNode (cardinality 1..1) - pdfDataSource

Attribute1 (mapped to the pdf form field1)

Attribute2 (mapped to the pdf form field2)

-

pdfSource (binary)

-

So the pdf fields are bound to the attributes 1 and 2. The pdfSource parameter is assigned to the pdfSource (binary) attribute.

But on runtime, the View Context Attributes Attribute1 and Attribute2 are not getting filled by the values which are entered in the form.

Please help,

Thanks,

Shobhit

One more thing: I am having a WebDynpro Java Button instead of the Adobe button for SUBMIT. So when I click this button the method onActionSubmit is triggered. The same action I hava assigned to the onSubmit event of the Form. I hope the action will take the filled in value from the runtime automatically and populate the attribute.

Message was edited by:

Shobhit Swarup Mathur

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Shobhit,

it is still tough to understand the situation of ur Context but nevertheless check the following....

Cardinality of the <node as dataSource>=1..1

<Attribute1> and <Attribute2> inside the above node.

pdfSorce attribute out of the <dataSorce Node> and binary.

And....

the java button you are talking about....

is it in the WebDynpro Layout or in the interactive form..??

regards,

-ag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

The context is defined as exactly you have said. The pdf form comes prefileld with the values from the export parameter of the RFC.

But the problem is when I enter the values in the input fields of the pdf, they are not passign to the respective value attributes.

Anything to do with the Submit button? I am not using any Adobe provided buttons. I am using the standard WebDynpro Java UI element - BUTTON which we use in any plain WebDynpro Java application.

Any clue?

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mak sure, you have provided the correct bindings. See there are no scripts in the respective adobe fields that will refresh the values. If all this does not help,

Write $.rawValue = $.<path for binding> in the script editor.

Also put a seperate field and see if the values passed through the WebDynpro code is getting reflected in the Form.

You may do some RnD on this.

Hope these may be of some help.

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

the Button's role is just to submit, nothing with the binding of UI elements with the context. the button is innocent.

Tell me one thing, you are creating a new pdf or using an existing pdf. just passing the exsting pdf as the pdf source for the interactive form.

regards,

-ag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Context

GetData - ModelNode mapped to controller context (DataSource)

Attribute1 - Value Attribute (Form Field)

-

Is it allright to have the Data Source as a ModelNode (mapped to the controller context node) and then have Value Attributes under the ModelNode which are then bound to the adobe form input fields.

I know its frustrating to advise on such questions without looking at the code actually. But I would definitely need your support.

If possible could you mail me a project of yours where you have the form being PREFILLED with some values coming from a RFC FM and then the same form gets posted to SAP though another RFC FM.

Thanks,

shobhitswarup@yahoo.com

OK. When I create a Fresh Adobe Interactive Form application, it works fine.

The problem Im facing is in the case, when Im using an existing PDF file created in the ABAP stack (TCode SFP). I am importing this PDF file into the WebDynpro Java Application and then binding the fields. So in this case the context binding does not work.

You guyz are right, I need to check if there is any other script which exists. But still what are views after this update?

Message was edited by:

Shobhit Swarup Mathur

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

i hope you are using "use PDF" and <b>NOT</b> "update data in pdf"...

<b>IN</b>

Interactive form -> properties -> mode = <"use PDF">

Check it out...

regards,

-ag.

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

make sure you are using

Adobe Acrobat version no lesser than 7.0.x (where x is a digit)

Its allright if you map your context to controllers to pass it to other views. it will be still available in the current view.

regards,

-ag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol & Anto!!

My problem is solved. I just changed the display type from ActiveX to Native and the whole problem was solved.

Infact it solved my other problem too regarding performance >> My activex form was taking around 10 minutes to dispaly on internet explorer. And after changing this parameter, it takes just a second to popup.

And the values are successfully passing to the context too!!!

Does that mean that already my form was ZCI enabled?? Because only for ZCI enabled forms, the property Display type = native.

How can I check in future whether a particular form is ZCI enabled??

Well... you guyz DID help me a lot in getting concepts clarified and coming to this stage!!

Thanks!!

Shobhit

raeijpe
Contributor
0 Kudos

The answer to your question 'How can I check in future whether a particular form is ZCI enabled' can be found in sap note 1042394 - Updating Interactive Form template with ZCI capability.

It describes the tool for checking en migration of existing interactive forms.

The tool can be found on http://<HOST>:<PORT>/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/

webdynproZCI_migration/ZCIMigration.

If you not have this tool, you can look in the note how to get it.

For ABAP based interactive forms including the ISR framework you can us the abap report FP_CHK_REPORT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Robert!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Check the Caridinality of the node you have bound.

it should not be 0..0 or 0..n

1..1 would work.

that means 1 instance if the node will be created.

interactive forms->properties.

dataSource and pdfSource should be bound properly.

regards,

-ag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

1. The Cardinality is 0..1 and its not allowing me to change it.

2. The pdfsource binary value attribute is assigned to the interactive form UI element. But I have not bound the pdfsource binary value attribute (view) to the pdfsource binary value attribute (custom controller). Is that ok?

Thanks,

Shobhit

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

controller comes into picture when you need to pass context from one view to another.

right now the problem is 0..1

you have to change it to 1..1

GOTO interactive form->properties->dataSource

this must be pointing to the NODE that has all the context attributes.

The cardinality of this NODE has to be made 1..1

Its editable.

Just GOTO Context -> <dataSorceNode> ->properties->cardinality...

change it to 1..1

(click on the Value column, its a drop down, choose 1..1)

i just checked myself its editable.

i hope this helps,

regards,

-ag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

if you are mapping the node from model-> controller-> view, change the cradinality at the parent node.

hope this helps,

- anto.