cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with multiple user login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have problem that i don't know the solution for this.

I have an application will bring up a default value that was predefined for this user. When the user start the application, the user need to log in with his/her userID, and base on the userID, the application brings up the default value (e.g. employee number) that was uniquely assigned to this userID. The default value was save in a database. The user expects the application to bring up his/her employee number.

The start of the problem:

Let say the user log off the application but still leave the IE browser open. THe 2nd user will log on using the same IE browser. The 2nd user also want to use the same application and would like the application to bring up the his/her employee number. But unfortunately, the 2nd user receive the employee number of the 1st person instead of the 2nd person employee number.

But if the 2nd user close all the IE browser and re-login and start the application again, the problem is not occur. Even if the 2nd user just only close the IE browser that was use by the 1st user and other IE browser still open, the problem still exist until the 2nd user close all the IE browser.

I don't know how to fix this. Please share with me any suggestion or thought. I would appreciate that very much.

I have the screen shot but i don't know how to post it in the forum

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing same problem. Till the IE opened by the first user is opened, I cannot get details of new user.

For my appication , authentication flag is checked and I am maintaining users in UME .

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

how are you fetching values from the database. Is it based on user id or is it based on the session id. Now this logon feature is it the standard one that WAS provides or have you written your own logon screen.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fetching the values from the database based on the userID. the logon feature is the standard one that SAP provides.

Also, i don't think it is the problem with the application itself. The application get the default value right if it get the userID right. i think it is the problem with the wrong userID. I suspect that when 2nd user log in, the WAS just ignore it since it store the 1st userID in the cache, i am guessing that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yeah there is a caching problem there. Unless the browser doesnt close you get this problem. We have our Webdynpro components showcased in the portal and we face the problem sometime. Will have to see if there are some cache settings in WAS that we can configure.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

does anyone else experience this problem. Is there an OSS message from SAP addressing this problem? please share the info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi khanh

Are you using any static variables to hold the userid. This would mean only a single copy of the variable is shared accross all component instances

Regards

Pran