cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with multiple user login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have problem that i don't know the solution for this.

I have an application will bring up a default value that was predefined for this user. When the user start the application, the user need to log in with his/her userID, and base on the userID, the application brings up the default value (e.g. employee number) that was uniquely assigned to this userID. The default value was save in a database. The user expects the application to bring up his/her employee number.

The start of the problem:

Let say the user log off the application but still leave the IE browser open. THe 2nd user will log on using the same IE browser. The 2nd user also want to use the same application and would like the application to bring up the his/her employee number. But unfortunately, the 2nd user receive the employee number of the 1st person instead of the 2nd person employee number.

But if the 2nd user close all the IE browser and re-login and start the application again, the problem is not occur. Even if the 2nd user just only close the IE browser that was use by the 1st user and other IE browser still open, the problem still exist until the 2nd user close all the IE browser.

I don't know how to fix this. Please share with me any suggestion or thought. I would appreciate that very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please notice that under certain circumstances it is not possible to perform a reliable logoff (unless perform an operating system logoff as well):

- when using Basic Authentication

(browser shows popup prompting for username and

password)

- when using X.509 client certificates

- when using "Windows Integrated Authentication"

(requires IE and IIS, based on SPNEGO - see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPNEGO)

- potentially other SSO mechanisms

When using a shared workplace (like in an internet cafe) you should also keep in mind to delete the "temporary internet files" ...!

Regards, Wolfgang

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an OSS message#: 0000786772 for this problem.

Basically, there is a problem with the session management when user log off. The session still hang on to the old data. This problem only existed in SP9 of the WAS. but start from SS10 the problem has been fixed. These info are according to SAP support. Please check out the OSS messages.

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, I don't think that anyone here at SDN is able to see your customer message (except the SAP employees).

But anyway: my previous statement regarding certain authentication methods and the ability to logoff is still true. That's independent from the bugfix which will be provided with WebAS 6.40 SP9 (J2EE).

Regards, Wolfgang

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you talking about BSP apps?

If so, check this logoff content:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6b/9d91d062cc52419f23926ff1bf2ad3/content.htm

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/12/06/bsp-developers-journal-part-xv--stateful-bsp-and-timeouts

Eddy

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pls don't forget to assign reward points when you feel that the answers to your questions are valuable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have the screenshot but i don't know how to post it in the forum.