cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we determine whether billing is to be carried out with reference to a delivery or order in the customizing for the sales document type?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hope I got your question right.

this is where one mentions the <a href="http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u40/a_la_bakwaas/so_type.jpg">relevance</a> in the sales order type.You may try and blank out one, to make it 'only' fall back on the other.

thing to keep in mind is , even item categories are Delivery or Order or <a href="http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u40/a_la_bakwaas/item_cat.jpg">anything else related</a> and shall fall back with their billing relevance.

hth

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ofcourse billing document can be determine with ref. to the delivery related. how?

very simple.

1. maintian ur billing document type in your sales document type under vov8.

2. maintian ur billing type under item category under business data, u find the option as billing type. then check it up and create the order accordingly.

ur issue will solve.

reward points if helpful.

regards

KR

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes u can control in the customizing the functionalityof sales document whether the billilng is to be carried out with reference to sales document or delivery.

In the functionality of sales document u will mention the order related billing type and delivery related billing type.

One more thing u have to do is ...u must maintain the copy controls between the order/delivery document and the billing document.

i hope this is helpful.

reward points if it is helpful

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VOV8, where we configure the sales document type, there you can see in the billing section, the delivery related billing and order related billing. In the delivery related billing you enter the billing type 'F2' or copied from 'F2'. So whenever you do delivery in reference to a sales order and then you create an invoice with reference to that delivery then, the system will take the billing type which you entered in the delivery related field.

In the order related billing which is basically a proforma invoice, then in VF01when you try to create it using a sales order, just enter the sales order no. and in the billing type-select order related proforma F5. The invoice document will be created.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hk7

In you sales document type, you can keep both billing types- with reference to order as well as with reference to delivery.

Now depending upon your item categories, you need to maintain relevant copy control settings between sales order to delivery and delivery to billing if you want delivery based billing. If its a order based billing maintain the relevant copy control for those item categories from sales documents to billing documents.

Rgds,

AK