cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal error during parsing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was looking forward to trying the tool.

I'm using jdk 1.5.0_10

generated the memory dump

Try to open it with the JavaOne 2007 edition and kabooom

Internal error during parsing.

I looked at the error log and can see this:

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.5.0_10

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_GB

Command-line arguments: -clean

Error

Mon Jul 30 20:48:15 BST 2007

An internal error occurred during: "parsing C:\temp\java_pid2560.hprof".

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.tools.memory.snapshot.hprof.HprofParserHandlerImpl.beforePass2(HprofParserHandlerImpl.java:125)

at com.sap.tools.memory.snapshot.SnapshotFactory.parse(SnapshotFactory.java:376)

at com.sap.tools.memory.snapshot.SnapshotFactory.createSnapshot(SnapshotFactory.java:113)

at com.sap.tools.memory.ui.core.internal.ParseHeapDumpJob.run(ParseHeapDumpJob.java:40)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Benoit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

sorry for the delay.

The short answer: the HPROF file is not valid.

The long answer: I have downloaded and checked the HPROF file. The HPROF_HEAP_DUMP section has a length of 0. Until now, I didn't check for this unexpected value that's why the Analyzer threw the NPE later on. The heap dump is also not readable by other available heap dump readers. I can only assume that the heap dump has not been written correctly.

Kind regards,

- Andreas Buchen.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

First, welcome to SDN!

Now, to your question. Please have a look at the Comments section of the SAP Memory Analyzer <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/JavaMemoryAnalysis">Wiki page</a>. The fourth comment describes exactly the same problem as yours. See Krum's answer below.

HTH!

-- Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your welcome!

Unfortunately, I'm not generating the dump via Ctrl+break or jmap... just old jvm to generate it for me... It is very big... but I can send it if somebody wants it...

Benoit

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

As written in another comment by Vedran, feel free to email the contacts listed on the Wiki page.

Best regards,

Vladimir