cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI web service from 4.6C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to call XI web service from 4.6C.

I can not use RFC adapter as web service also returns attachments.

I can not use proxies as it is 4.6C.

Please help....

Thanks,

Beena.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Beena,

I'm unable to get a complete picture here, But as poer my understanding, you want to consume a webservice thorugh XI and the service returns attachment in turn. Now when you say attachment. I'm just curious to know how you are gpoing to handle the attachment in 4.6c. what kindof attachment is that? One possibe way is to send the data through RFC and receive the response in a different format ( may be file). I could not think of any other options with the information that you have provided.

Thanks

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

The scenario is: R/3 4.6C --> XI --> SOAP

The web service at SOAP Receiver returns an attachment(pdf document) which I need to pass to R/3 4.6C.

I have also exposed the sender interface in xi as web service as same web service will be called by Java Web Application i.e. Web --> XI --> SOAP.

but I dont know how to call this web service from R/3 4.6C and access attachment.

And RFC and HTTP adapters do not support attachment.

Please help...

Thanks in advance...

Beena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Beena,

This a trciky situation. I don't know how you would store a PDF document anyways in R/3 4.6. There is a way in which you can map the data coming from PDF document to a structure and then push that to R/3. Remember you get only the data in the PDf and not the pdf as such. I think you have to revisit your design.

SAP does provide features of generating pdf reports dynamically but I have never seen a case where PDf documents are received into r/3.

Thanks

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

AFAIK its not possible to store PDF directly into R/3,one way around can be to store the PDF's in a File system with the IDOC number along with it,so that if you need to pull up the PDF in future,you can simply compare the PDF with the correct IDOC number and pull that out

Thanx

Aamir

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Beena,

If u could revise ur design a bit, then instead of webservice sender, u could receive the pdf from the SOAP response and convert it into xml using Conversion Agent or an adapter module.

Regards,

Prateek