cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message pool cannot be resolved - importing a project to nwdi dc component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I'm trying import a project to the nwdi structure, but I'm passing by a lot of problems.

At first I can’t compile my application. The message pool class IMessage[ComponentName] aren’t been generated in the directory .\DCs\[vendor]\atr\_comp\gen_wdp\packages\[package name]\wdp. I try reload, repair, open and close, upgrade the IDE (now I’m with 2.0.12). I tried until put the file manually, I generated by the previous project (out of the nwdi/dc/structure) and I tried put it in the actual solution, however it’s deleted each build.

Second, I'd like to know how create a dependency to an external jar (for example mail.jar) in the CBS. Should I only put the jar in the lib directory and upload in the dtr? Or should I put it in the CMS dependencies - how to?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the first problem.

Import the project in the NWDI. Then navigate to the component where message pool belongs to. There will be a action Repair in the component. Execute that.It seems the metadata is corrupt and hence generation halts. This will correct the metadata and then generation should work correctly.

For the second problem.

You can create a external jar dc. And put the jar in lib folder of that dc.

Submit this dc.Create dependecy to this dc to access the jar.

See these bolgs for creation of external dc's

/people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

How I had already said I've tried executed the repair, but I always receive the message: "Repairs are not necessary." The rebuild continues with problem!

I got the old project "out of the nwdi", it is building perfectly. I tried to put the source files in a nwdi project again, but I stopped in the same problem again. It's so strange! Why this message pool is making the same problem!?

When the build was fixed, I will try your tip about dependencies. Thanks for now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cleiton,

First thing, gen folders shouldnt be checked-in to DTR/NWDI (only cfg/def/META-INF/src/test and Model Folder.

Second thing, to fix build issue locally, delete the gen_wdp folder and do a "reload+rebuild".

Good luck,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

It doesn't work. The generation of the IMessage[component name] wasn't done yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do a search in the project's _comp folder for *.wdmessagepool. If the search returns any result, the file should be

[component name]MessagePool.wdmessagepool

If the search does not return anything, the DC/project in question is missing the message pool, which results in the .java file in wdp folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's ok, I have this file [Evaluation]MessagePool.wdmessagepool and others with translatiosn. The problem is the .java file in the gen_wdp\packages\[net\weg\atr]\wdp\ that is not built.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I updated the version of the IDE 7.12 (Build id: 200704072140) then it's working now.

Answers (0)