Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From SAP Menu Hit List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is my first post, so bear with me. I'm creating roles in ECC 6.0. I've been given a list of tcodes that need to be added to these roles. The way I've been told to do this is to click on 'From SAP Menu' and then find every single instance of where this tcode is located in the menu. I then click on them one by one, hit find next, and keep going until they're all there. Then it takes me back to the main Menu screen. I then hit 'Collapse Menu' to clean up the Role menu.

My question is, what is the quicker way of doing this? When I click on 'From SAP Menu' and then type in a tcode to search for, there's a button that says 'Hit List." That brings up a separate box that gives you a list of how many times that transaction is found in the SAP Menu. Is there a way to import that list into the search screen so that all instances of that tcode are marked to be inserted into the Menu list?

I hope all that makes sense.

Thank you,

Kerri

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kerri,

If you are given with the list of tcodes to be added, then go to Menu.

Click on the "Transaction", Enter the transactions given to you and once you are done with this, click on "Assign Transactions".

Hope it helps.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

If I do it that way, does it add the tcode in the menu path in all the locations that it's found?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it does.

Thanks,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Ok, again, bear with me because this is new to me. I tried adding a tcode through the transaction button and it does add it to the menu. But it doesn't put it in the menu path of the SAP menu (where you have the Logistics, Accounting, Information Systems, Human Resources, and Tools folders). So basically, we want both. We want the SAP populated menu path on the left, and then all the tcodes. Is that possible?

0 Kudos

Hi,

This way is more like User Defined Menu. But if you want it in the form of SAP defined Menu, than you will have to go in the way you were doing it before.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh