Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

action event of a button

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i hope i can explain properly

main-detailview scenario

i have a table where one column consists of buttons (main view).

i explicitly check selections with the mappingOfOnLeadSelect for row and column and want to show a new view when a column with a button is selected.

so the button itself has no action assigned by me. it does not need, my onLeadSelect-ActionHandler does the required action (the change to detail view).

it seems that when i click on the button, an event resigns in some queue in the background. this event is executed when returning to the original view causing an exception. it seems the event for the button is executed and the view does not exist anymore.

when clicking at the little space next to the button everything works as expected. also when the button is disabled. but of course for the user it has to look as if the button is usable.

background of this idea: i want to save one call to the server. two calls are done now when pressing a button in the table:

- one for the selection of the row

- one for the button action that fires the plug to next view

any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marius,

If I understand you correctly you want to optimize table + button events sequence, i.e. instead of onLeadSelect + onAction pair you will have only one onLeadSelect that mimics onAction, right?

I know the driving forces behind this approach, and to our fortune WD team address this issue in NW04s -- it will be possible to have only one onAction event fired without onLeadSelect postback (link2action onAction, checkBox onToggle addressed as well).

So in light of further improvements do not introduce ad-hoc workarounds now -- just use onAction on button.

BTW, it seems that your behavior could not be altered -- if no action assigned to button, then postback is not required, and it seems that WD client prefer to "eat" onLeadSelect event as well.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

Thanks for your answer, i know it is a bit special issue, and you got it exactly.

Nice to hear that the issue is already noticed, your second paragraph describes the problem i meant.

Ill stay with the standard way so far, the button action that fires the plug.

I am a bit curious, is there a public site for future features/improvements of web dynpro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in the onloadleadselect of table write an event say 'onselecttable'

now inside this event write the code that will allow you to go to the next view.

now creat another event for the button say 'buttonevent'

inside that event call this onleadselecttabel event like

wdthis.onactionbuttonevent(wdevent);

hope this works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius

what i understood from your requirement is user will select a row from the table,user has to be navigated to new view. If this is the requirement then

1. create a button at the end of the table.

2. On click of a button

check for the selected row

fire a plug to the new view

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

what is the purpose of button when u do not any action for it.

I understand your problem.

Try this

assign a action, say someAction with no code.

This way it might not be occured any exception

Hope this help

Rgds,

Vilish