cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Interface Determination Using the same Business System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks...

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to build a scenario where the same business system is used, but the interface mapping needs to be dynamic? I have a single JMS sender and 40 different message types on one side, and 40 ABAP Proxies on the other. The two solutions I see are as follows:

1. Create 40 separate JMS Senders with 40 different sender agreements

2. Create 40 Business Services for the same ECC system and utilize XPath expressions to support conditionally selecting an interface mapping

Neither of these in my mind is a great solution, does anyone have any others?

Mahalo,

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

have a look at the following

/people/suraj.sr/blog/2006/01/05/multiple-inbound-interfaces-within-a-service

thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir...

Thanks for replying so quickly. After looking at that link I realized that I may be forced to create multiple JMS sender communication channels because my Sender Interface Name will need to change based on the JMS message type picked up. The blog would work great if my Sender Interface was static and I needed to pick different interface determinations.

Mahalo,

J-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

can you please explain the scenario a bit more.

if you have 40 different message types on sender side and you are supposed to send these to 40 different ABAP proxies.then on what basis do you have to send them?are you combining the sender message types and sending to receiver ?

to handle multiple message types from sender you need to design BPM.

we should be able to help you more if you can please explain the scenario.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir..

Thanks for replying so quickly. After reading your post I realized that the problem exists before the Receiver Determination.

I have 40 message types in a third party JMS queue each with no defining header information, which all have separate unique Sender and Receiver Interface Names.

I thought I would be able to route the messages once I they are at the Receiver Determination step, but at that point they have already acquired a Sender Interface Name.

I can't use the Message Selector functionality implicit within the JMS Sender Adapter because the JMS Messages have no header properties I can search on.

So at this point I need to somehow head off the message before it has acquired a Sender Interface Name and select one based on content in the message body.

I am pursuing having the third party system change their messages, but that could take weeks.

Let me know if you think this is possible via a module.

Mahalo,

J-

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

Need help!! I have the same problem.

Any solution???

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I came cross the same problem on my current project, now I have following solution:

Create a number of JMS sender adapters, they all connect to same queue, but each JMS sender adapter only pick up particular type of message based on one JMS message property value. The message provider will be responsible to set the property value when they send message into the queue.

In JMS sender adapter, Parameter Tab -> Advanced Tab ->check Set Adapter-Specific message Attributes ->check Specify Additional JMS Message Properties (Maxmum of 10) -> Add Property name, e.g. "MsgType"

->Processing Tab -> Input Value in "JMS Message Selector", e.g. MsgType='WorkOrder'

after above setup, this adapter will only pick up messages that with "MsgType" Property value "WorkOrder"

For each type of adapter, you will create a JMS sender adapter and repeat the steps above, just put on the different Property value.

This approach will have number of Integration Scenarios, hence will have number of Sender Agreement.

I have tested the approach and it works.

Liang

Answers (0)