Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross client tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to authorize a user for maintaining the cross client tables with SM30.

I have added the Authorization object S_TABU_CLI with the change permission and regenerated

the profile and assigned to the user. But the user is still unable to maintain the cross client tables

like V_DDAT. How to enable a user to maintain cross client tables.

Thanks in Advance,

Ramakrishna.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the system setting in SCC4 for

"maintenance authorization for all objects in all clients"?

Maybe the setting does not allow changes to cross-client customizing and repository e.g.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you also given the corresponding auth group for the view or table? (S_TABU_DIS) 02 and auth group

Cheers,

Ben

0 Kudos

Hi,

In fact I have given the full authorization in S_TABU_DIS and ofcourse not assigned any Auth group to it. But not assigning any Auth group will not prevent it to maintain right? Please explain me.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the system setting in SCC4 for

"maintenance authorization for all objects in all clients"?

Maybe the setting does not allow changes to cross-client customizing and repository e.g.

0 Kudos

One thing. I saw in your response that you have not assigned an authorization group on S_TABU_DIS?

This is necessary, as the system always checks on the auth group.

If the table is not classified in TDDAT, it will check against &NC&.

Tables are protected through S_TABU_DIS for client-dependant tables AND S_TABU_CLI as extra protection fro cross-client tables.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot. Yes it is the client settings problem which i noticed with SCC4 as you suggested.

Ramakrishna.