Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Add-In

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am following this Doc

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/95d7d490-0301-0010-ce93-c58f9a3c...

On page 57 -

>To connect do the following

why we have to login as J2EE Add-In(select a look up method), when I tried, I gave display name as J2EE_ADMIN

and

then which one I have to choose

1. Lookup connection via Message server

or

2. Direc connection To a Dispatcher Node

Thanks

dushanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dushanth,

He is mentioning how to connect to J2EE engine for an ABAPJAVA system and a Java stand alone system. For the ABAPJAVA system you will connect to the default login.

For a standalone JAVA system you will use Direct Connection to a dispatcher Node.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Abdul and Sathish.

Basically in which scenarios, we have to take care of J2EE

and we should make sure that J2EE is up and running.

When I should more concentrate more visual admin.

Thanks

Dushanth

Message was edited by:

dushanth ry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dushanth,

Your J2EE engine should always be UP and running. If it is down then your XI will be down. So it should be always up and alive.

What do you mean by When I should more concentrate more visual admin.

This is used to start and stop the J2EE engine. To do any setting on the adapter we will use this. To do any deployment, Single Sign On we will use this. To get any logs and traces we will use this.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

I am new to XI .Pardon me if question looks silly.

Pls correct me if I am wrong

1.Visual administrator tool is used to start/stop J2EE engine

2. If we want to monitor message we will goto SXMB_MONI/RWB to monitor, in the same way for what are all the problems I should check J2EE. I never started J2EE when I was doing scenario like file to file, with IDOC , RFC and scenarios were successfull . So I wanted to know for what kind of scenarios, J2EE should be up and alive ?

Thanks,

dushanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dushanth,

Starting and stopping of the J2EE server is not the job of XI Developer. It is done by Basis guys. Also dont worry much about the visual admin also because this is maintained by Basis guys.

Go ahead and develop your scenarios and test. You dont need to know much about J2EE VA for this.

But for your knowledge if you want to develop a scenario then first your XI server should be running. If it is not running then you will not able to develop the scenario. So for XI server to be running your both ABAP and J2EE eninge should be running. J2EE engine can be checked in VA only. Hope this gives you some idea. If it doesnot then dont worry for now. Just keep developing your scenarios.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your reply. Its really informative.

Thanks,

dushanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are logging on to local server then you don't need to do this process. You can use default connection.

If you want to connect to remote server or you want to use another user then

Choose

Direct connection To a Dispatcher Node

and fill

user name

host

port ( 50004 default )

next next...

Regards

Abdul.