cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI version compatibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any version compatibility constraints developing Java WebDynpro applications on an NWDI (WAS6.40) for deployment on a WAS7.00 instance (e.g. JDK's)?

I've yet to find a general recommendation similar to that seen for SLD (i.e. keep in line with the highest WAS version on the estate) or any clear documentation on version compatibility across WAS stacks with respect to NWDI.

We have a highly complex landscape with multiple component/ product versions, and we'd prefer to have a singel central NWDI instance, but I'm not sure if this is practical and/ or possible.

Any pointers/ documentation/ comments gratefully received

Cheers

Neil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This blog might help u decide

/people/marion.schlotte/blog/2005/10/25/jdi-software-vs-jdi-content

It says that JDI is upward and downward compatible....But as per my experience its best if u have the lastest version and also with a synchronous SP level

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - thanks to both - the blog is exactly what I was looking for

Former Member
0 Kudos

While I can't remember where I've seen it, SAP does recommend that the DI always be kept patched to the latest levels, regardless of what version your landscape (or pieces thereof ) is at.

So, as long as your DI is at patched to at least the same level as your most 'advanced' system, you should not have any problem. You should also match your Developer Studio to the same level as your target system to avoid using any plug-ins that offer features not offered by the eventual runtime system. Yes, the required libraries will be ok (as long as you configure the SLD and the associated track correctly), but the Developer Studio itself needs to be matched up.

Hope that makes sense.