cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3ldctl -l error in R3ldctlExport.log DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET rc = 20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to start an DB2/390 migration from an AIX 5.2 app server. When the migration is about to start exporting the database, I get an error when /sapmnt/DC2/exe/R3ldctl -l ./R3ldctlExport.log -p /usr/sap/migrate/export/DATA/ is executed. When I look in the R3ldctlExport.log, there is the following message:

ERROR: DbSlControl(DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET) rc = 20

I have downloaded the latest R3ldctl, R3szchk, R3load and R3trans for AIX 64-bit non-Unicode and still get this error.

Can anyone shed some light on this error?

Thanks in Advance.

Richard Jazzar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

david_malinconici2
Participant
0 Kudos

What is your basis release?

In general, that error is related to the client library. Check for the last version and the right value for LIBPATH and DIR_LIBRARY.

Additionally, you can try this workaround:

- execute the command /sapmnt/DC2/exe/R3ldctl -l ./R3ldctlExport.log -p /usr/sap/migrate/export/DATA/ manually from a terminal

- if it works, go to the *.R3S/keydb.xml file, look for the string ERROR and put OK

- restart R3SETUP/SAPINST

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tried to run the command in question from the command line as root. I get a prompt back and when I go into the R3ldctlExport.log I again see the error DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET rc = 20. I went into my sapinst_dev.log to see what LIBPATH is set to. I found this entry:

Name:LIBPATH

Value:/usr/sap/migrate/export/sapinst_exe.405786.1185565118:/home/dc2adm/sqllib/lib:/usr/sap/migrate/export/sapinst_instdir/NW04/C

OPY/EXPORT/ABAP/COPY/NUC/DBEXP:/sapmnt/DC2/exe:/home/dc2adm/sqllib/lib:/usr/sap/migrate/export/sapinst_instdir/NW04/COPY/EXPORT/ABAP

/COPY/NUC/DBEXP

}, WHERE Name='LIBPATH'), updating

So, the LIBPATH is pointing to my /sapmnt/DC2/exe where I placed the downloaded R3* files.

Regards,

Richard

david_malinconici2
Participant
0 Kudos

Check also DIR_LIBRARY.

It must point to the database library.

Additionally, update the database library to the most recent patch.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

DIR_LIBRARY is already set to /usr/sap/DC2/SYS/exe/run ... I think the bottom line is that the export is not connecting to the database. When I go in as dc2adm and run the who R3ldctl -l command, it works and I get an output. When I run it as root, no dice. I even ran the .dbenv shell as root to pick up all the variables that are set in that script. Once I ran the R3ldctl -l as dc2adm, I made that step as OK instead of ERROR and went on and sure enough, it failed on the R3szchk phase because it could not connect to the database. I got an error:

ERROR: couldn't connect to DB

rc = 8192

I am going to keep playing around with the parameters and see if I have any success.

Regards,

Richard

david_malinconici2
Participant
0 Kudos

That's true.

R3ldctl runs under root user, not under <sid>adm.

Only the R3load processes run under <sid>adm.

So, you should set DIR_LIBRARY to /usr/sap/DC2/SYS/exe/run from command line and afterwards in the same terminal start /sapmnt/DC2/exe/R3ldctl -l ./R3ldctlExport.log -p /usr/sap/migrate/export/DATA, so the R3ldctl can find the db library.