Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW Business Client

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

hi folks,

i know its the wrong forum but i cannot find a forum for that so maybe someone can help me

we installed NW Business Client and want to connect to a backend -system with ABAP SP 11 stack which is base release for that.

as no documentation is yet - i guess - available, can anyone tell me how to connect to a system, eg. ERP or Portal.

a example would be great! do we have to configure something in the backend system.

kind regards oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the documentation for the NetWeaver Business Client 1.0 will be availiable on the help portal with SP13. For information on availiability of the Business Client, see SAP note 900000.

Configuration differs slightly for portal and ABAP backends, there's server configuration in the system as well as client configuration. A central role plays the NWBCClient.ini file, and there's a configuration dialog in the NWBC itself, via System -> Preferences.

Example:

[SETTINGS]

AUTO_LOGIN=false

DEFAULT=B20 Testsuite

DEFAULT_CONNECTION=NWBCRUNTIME

LOG_COPIES=4

LOG_FILESIZE_IN_BYTES=10000000

LOG_LEVEL=ERROR

TRACE_COPIES=4

TRACE_FILESIZE_IN_BYTES=10000000

TRACE_LEVEL=ERROR

[NWBCRUNTIME]

CLIENT=000

HOST=us4184.wdf.sap.corp

LANGUAGE=en

NAME=WDA Testsuite

PATH=/sap/bc/nwbc/demoA

PORT=1080

PROTOCOL=http

TYPE=R3

USER=anzeiger

[NWBCRUNTIME1]

CLIENT=003

HOST=pwdf2538.wdf.sap.corp

LANGUAGE=en

NAME=CIT

PATH=/sap/bc/nwbc/demoA

PORT=50077

PROTOCOL=HTTP

TYPE=R3

USER=test_all

Regards, Heidi

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi,

thanks fro that info so far.

we were now able to configure a connection to a WD Abap Application,even to an r/3 system (erp2005) without enhancement package and on SP10.

Is there any possiblity to configure the NWBC in a way that i have on the left navigation panel my favorites - we need it in the moment only for WDA Applications as we don't have enhancement package 2.

I'm wondering how it will be possible to see all my transactions from R/3 system, will this go automatically with the correct backend-release or do we have to do customzing there?

We urguntly need that client as we hope the performance for web applications is much better (firsts tests are very positive) then via the internet explorer.

kind regards,

oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

for the left navigation panel and WDA applications you need to create the corresponding entries in your backend R/3 system via transaction PFCG. There you create the whole navigation entries. It's all described in the documentation which will be availiable with SP13. For a preliminary version of the documentation you'd best contact the product manager mentioned in SAP note 900000.

This might take some time because of the holidays, though.

Regards, Heidi

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi,

thanks so much for your help.

one short question which you maybe can answer me before waiting for doku:

how can i activate the scripting at the server, i get the error message from the netweaver client that sapgui scripting must be activated at the server.

kind regards,

oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

here's some preliminary stuff about scripting etc:

Scripting Settings

Make sure that your server is configured for user scripting as described in Note 480149.

Note that these settings are only required if you need to run an integrated SAP GUI.

For security reasons, you should make the settings described in Note 692245:

sapgui/user_scripting_set_readonly=TRUE

sapgui/user_scripting_disable_recording=TRUE

The Business Client only needs read-only scripting as long as the server returns valid SSO cookies (standard behavior).

Role Maintenance

Role maintenance using the profile generator (transaction PFCG) is used for the configuration of all roles displayed in the Business Client.

Merging Menu Trees

If a user is assigned to multiple roles (single or composite roles) for which the same menu is specified, the Business Client runtime ensures that multiple entries of the same menu item do not appear.

Note that in table SSM_CUST the CONDENSE_MENU parameter is either set to NO, or is not available at all.

PFCG Menu Maintenance

Maintenance options for the additional attributes and the additional details are only visible in the PFCG and ready for input if the ADD_MENU_DETAILS parameter for your user name is set to YES in table SSM_CUST. You can evaluate the results with transaction SE30.

Then there's also table NWBC_CONFIG where you can do lots of server configuration stuff...

Scripting Enabling on the Back End

Make sure that scripting is activated for the back end in your SAP GUI. To do so, click (Customize Local Layout) in the system and then go to Options... On the Scripting tab page, select Enable Scripting. You can set the other two checkboxes as required.

Regards, Heidi

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks so much you helped me a lot

oliver

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi,

i have a last question you can maybe help me after i diskussed with our guys from role-maintenance.

Today, we don't use the Menu Functions, we have just a lot of roles which are directly assigned to users, so they are inserted just below the term "Menü der Rolle", there is no extra Menue between that.

So to have these roles in NWBC we need to change all that things, which would be an extreme effort for us.

so my question:

- is there any utility to help us doing that

or

- is there another "trick" to solve that problem?

kind regards so far,

oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

We are also trying to put our hands on NWBC. Could you elaborate on how did you configure NWBCClient.ini and the System --> Preference on the NWBC?

One more question, have you connected a portal system? if you did it, which are the details for the connection parameters that you used.

There is not documentation and we have not able to figure it out.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Zareh

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zareh,

you have to maintain as follows .

Port : The Port where a WebDynpro Abap appl. points to....

Path:/sap/bc/dal/demoA

Don't ask why this is demoA i have no idea, it's just an entry in SICF (you have to activate this path in sicf), but this is responsible for having your menue in the navigator of NWBC:

You must have sapgui 7.10 and you have to activate the Scripting there. Also you have to activate sapgui-Scripting in the backend (erp) system.

Caution: in the navigator in NWBC you will only get all entries which are below a Menue inside a Role.

Portal:

I tried to connect to a Portal but did not survice, i guess we have to wait until documentation is released.

regards oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

do you also have a "Umlaut"-Problem inside the Menus of the imported roles?

When i connect to my NWBC to our ERP-Backends the roles are imported but if the Menu contains county specific letters,like our german "öüä" these are skipped.

Regards

Frank

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

sorry no, we don't have this problem.

Do you also have the problem that only Menues are imported; we have a lot of roles which don't have menues, and our useres only work with easy-access menue and not with user menues.

Is there any possibility to have the SAP-Menue (easy-access) in NWBC instead of user-menues????

regards,

oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,i also get only the User Menus and can't switch to SAP-Menu.

I tried to get the SAP Menu by selecting the other Desktop Application Launchpad(DemoB) in the Configuration path, but also with the other Cockpit i am getting the User Menu. Hopefully there will come a documentation for the client soon and try and error has and end

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as to the menu options in PFCG, note that the maintenance options for the additional attributes and details are then only visible and ready for input if the parameter ADD_MENU_DETAILS for your user name is set to YES in table SSM_CUST.

If you want to use Web addresses (URLs) here, instead of using the direct URL (for example, www.sap.com), you can use tags ( <tokens> ) within the URLs. For example, <crm_protocol>://<crm_server>:<crm_port>/sap/bc/bsp/sap/crm_ui_frame?sap-client=<crm_client>. You can define the tags in transaction SM30 in table SSM_VAR.

Example Variable Definition for URLs

Name

Field Attribute

CRM_CLIENT

CRM_PORT

CRM_PROTOCOL

https

CRM_SERVER

abc.wdf.sap.corp

You can also copy the items from existing menus:

From the standard SAP menu

From a different role

From an area menu

From a local file

Regards, Heidi

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

0 Kudos

I have the same problem. Can anybody help me?

I want to try "connecting" to SAP GUI in NWBC interface and use some transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Installed the NWBC client and entered the ABAP system details for backend connection, PATH mentioned is "/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui".

Now able to display the sapwebgui with roles assigned to user, thoiugh this is not for what NWBC is given.

I was trying to configure the NWBC to display the Role based navigation at backend ABAP by using "/sap/bc/dal/demoA" path and followed the documentation at SAP help

"http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/44/d80fccdaba5705e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm"

However not able to configure the complete settings as the above link is mentioning the "SAP Internals" tab in the PFCG which I could not find in the ABAP system ( we have TMS 6.0 SP15 SCMTMS SP6).

Here earlier in this blog somewhere it is mentioned that the documentation for configuring NWBC front-end/cockpit is given with SP13. Can anybody please guide me where exactly it is.

To get that extra setting option ("SAP Internal" tab to configure NWBC related setting as mentioned in above sap help link) in PFCG , do we have to do any add-on on the backend system?

Any guidance and help on this topic is greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks very much for the useful information on this topic.

Now I have two questions

1. How do I logout from one system and login to another system in NWBC?

2. Is there any way I can see the system name at top on Home page?

Thanks

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

I am fairly new to NWBC myself, but I understand you logout and login to a different system by running NWBC > System > Preferences; select the connection (either ERP or Portal) you want to log onto, and select "Switch To".

It looks like you can only be logged onto the one environment at one time, and it remembers which connection you had last used when NWBC is started up.

Not sure about your 2nd question, but that would be good functionality to be built in in future releases of NWBC. Maybe raise a Dev Request with SAP.

Thanks, Matt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

I have a similar problem where I could see the PFCG menu structure for my user logged onto NWBC, but could not run a transaction, it would just sit there with that circle hour glass icon spinning around.

I raised a case with SAP and was advized to set the following:-

Hi Matt,

The NWBC uses the SAPGUI scripting interface.

Therefore, the scripting support should be fully enabled for your

systems. This means you have to set parameters:

sapgui/user_scripting_set_readonly to FALSE and

sapgui/user_scripting_disable_recording to FALSE.

Please see note 692245.

I had set both of these to TRUE as per http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/35b701bf746443e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Note - you still need to set

sapgui/user_scripting = TRUE

Thanks, Matt.

0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Can you help us with NWBC config. We have installed NWBC and trying to connect to an ERP 6.0 system which is non-unicode. The NW04s components sap_basis ,sap_aba,pi_basis and sap_bw are all in SP12.

We are finding the following error in our dev_w0 folder and also at NWBCClient.trc file:

NWBCClient.trc :::

01.12.2007 19:24:26

DEBUG <NWBC::CDalClientApp> | DisplayWindow(CBCLogonDialog, nCmdShow=SW_HIDE)

DEBUG <NWBC::CFoundation> | EvLoadingConnection(which U03)

DEBUG <NWBC::CDalClientApp> | EvLoadingConnection(which U03)

DEBUG <NWBC::CDalClientApp> | OnLoadingConnection()

DEBUG <NWBC::CConnectionManager> | loadConnection(connectionName U03)

DEBUG <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | initialize()

DEBUG <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | startup()

DEBUG <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CR3BackendConnection::initialize()

DEBUG <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CR3BackendConnection::startup()

DEBUG <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CR3BackendConnection::openConnection()

DEBUG <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CConnectionTool::getConnectionData()

DEBUG <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CConnectionTool::getConnectionData: PROTOCOL = HTTP

DEBUG <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CConnectionTool::getConnectionData: HOST = look1245.repurt.kok.com

DEBUG <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CConnectionTool::getConnectionData: PORT = 8020

DEBUG <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CConnectionTool::getConnectionData: PATH = /sap/bc/dal/KYKDAL

DEBUG <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CConnectionTool::getConnectionData: CLIENT = 100

DEBUG <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CConnectionTool::getConnectionData: LANGUAGE = EN

DEBUG <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CConnectionTool::getConnectionData: USER = amol

DEBUG <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CConnectionTool::getConnectionData: PASSWORD = xxx

DEBUG <NWBC::CBCHtmlView> | ExecScript(sapOnUpdateSubtitle('Connecting U03');bIsLayeredWindow=true;)

DEBUG <NWBC::CBCMainDialog> | OnOK: action session

DEBUG <NWBC::CCanvasArea> | SetActiveView(id DAL_ID_CFG_0001)

INFO <NWBC::CCanvasArea> | Show canvas with active view DAL_ID_CFG_0001

DEBUG <NWBC::CCanvasArea> | View hwnd=0x2C0338 is now active and visible

DEBUG <NWBC::CBCMainDialog> | OnOK: done

DEBUG <NWBC::CBCMainDialog> | OnOK: action end_change

01.12.2007 19:24:51

ERROR <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CConnectionTool::setupProxyAutoConfig: WinHttpGetProxyForUrl() failed (connection HTTP://look1245.repurt.kok.com:8020/sap/bc/dal/KYKDAL, error 12180 (0x2F94): The parameter is incorrect.)

01.12.2007 19:24:52

ERROR <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CR3BackendConnection::openConnection: server returned HTTP error code 500

DEBUG <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CR3BackendConnection::closeConnection()

ERROR <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | failed to startup connection U03!

ERROR <NWBC::CConnectionManager> | failed to startup backend connection U03! (error code 80070005)

ERROR <NWBC::CConnectionManager> | Failed to load content from connection U03! (error internal server error (500), error code 80070005)

DEBUG <NWBC::CFoundation> | EvLoadingConnectionFailed(which U03, error Failed to load content from connection U03! (error: internal server error (500)))

DEBUG <NWBC::CDalClientApp> | EvLoadingConnectionFailed(which U03, error Failed to load content from connection U03! (error: internal server error (500)))

DEBUG <NWBC::CDalClientApp> | OnShowMessages()

DEBUG <NWBC::CDalClientApp> | DisplayWindow(CBCPopupDialog, nCmdShow=SW_HIDE)

DEBUG <NWBC::CDalClientApp> | DisplayWindow(CBCPopupDialog, nCmdShow=SW_HIDE)

01.12.2007 19:24:53

DEBUG <NWBC::CBCHtmlView> | ExecScript(sapOnUpdateSubtitle('Connection Error');bIsLayeredWindow=true;sapOnUpdateContent('Failed to load content from connection U03! (error: internal server error (500))'); document.all.cancelbutton.style.display='none';)

dev_w0:

Sat Dec 1 10:03:23 2007

• ERROR => plugin: Unknown user agent type, not supported 'NWBCClient v1.0' [itspagat.cpp 824]

• ERROR => plugin: Browser verification failed rc: 1 [itspagat.cpp 750]

• ERROR => plugin: ItspAgat_InitContext failed, rc = 1 [itspxkrn.cpp 174]

• ERROR => Failed to create new session, rc: 0x1 [itspxx.cpp 712]

• ERROR => itsp_OpenSession failed rc = 1, send icf error page [itsplxx.c 878]

***LOG W03=> [itsplxx.c 879]

• ERROR => ipl_OpenSession returns 1(ITSPE_FAILURE) [itsplxx.c 881]

• ERROR => Raise Last error:[13 from: itspagat.cpp:825] [itsplxx.c 1216]

• ERROR => RaiseError(sapdext) ITS_P:13 [itspagat.cpp 825]

Sat Dec 1 10:05:12 2007

• ERROR => plugin: Unknown user agent type, not supported 'NWBCClient v1.0' [itspagat.cpp 824]

• ERROR => plugin: Browser verification failed rc: 1 [itspagat.cpp 750]

• ERROR => plugin: ItspAgat_InitContext failed, rc = 1 [itspxkrn.cpp 174]

• ERROR => Failed to create new session, rc: 0x1 [itspxx.cpp 712]

• ERROR => itsp_OpenSession failed rc = 1, send icf error page [itsplxx.c 878]

***LOG W03=> [itsplxx.c 879]

• ERROR => ipl_OpenSession returns 1(ITSPE_FAILURE) [itsplxx.c 881]

• ERROR => Raise Last error:[13 from: itspagat.cpp:825] [itsplxx.c 1216]

• ERROR => RaiseError(sapdext) ITS_P:13 [itspagat.cpp 825]

can anybody please help...

Best Reagards,

amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have not configured the SSO and Https settings correctly. NWBC uses https connection to login to the system.

Please set it correctly and then check with that settings.

thanks

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver.

First thanks.

The host is correct, i´ve also tested with full host. But the result is the same.

I´ve no Portal installed, cause we don´t need it.

I´ve not understand what is with autorisation. I have esperience with Auth, but why do u speak of object that are not existing?

And when u write that for you was a problem of autorisation, how have u solved?

Thank you.

Alberto

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

we had a web dynpro abap application which used an authority object, like AUTHORITY-OBJECT 'Z_APPL' .... , but den Auth. Object Z_APPL did not exists at that time.

So it was impossible for business client to load the complete menue as long as we created that Object (we've just forgotten to create that auth-object).

regards,

oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Oliver.

our ECC System and Best Practise solution are new.

We´ve no Z_object created.

What do you think i can finally do? Do u think that the Problem is solved if we download and install the AIO Addon 1.2 SP 2 (The SAP All-in-One add-on KAYAK 120 Support Package 02 or 03, described in note 1028407), so that then we have the NWBC Roles (point 3 below).

Cause in our Best_Practise_Quick_Install_Guide the prerequisite for NWBC use are:

1) Install the SAP Best Practices Baseline Package as described above in chapter Installation Sequence of Building Blocks, Installation of Scenarios and Error Handling. Ensure that the installation prerequisites according to chapter Technical Prerequisites for Installation are fulfilled (e.g. release and support package levels). - OK

2) After you have finished the SAP Best Practices Baseline Package installation, upgrade the following components of your system to the support package level as listed - OK

3) Import the SAP All-in-One Add-On and the NWBC according to the note 1044426 and 1059080. NOT

4) Install the SAP Best Practices roles for the NWBC according to the note 1044426and 1059080. NOT

Do u think that the Problem can solved with this Addon? Or can you tell me if you have this addon installed on your system?

Or is a network problem (proxy or firewall config):

09.11.2007 09:07:38

ERROR | Failed to load content from connection HE1! (error invalid server response, error code 1)

Thank you.

Alberto

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alberto,

hmm, we don't use AIO and these things, so i don't have any idea what would be the best.

but i guess with AIO the Business Client is supported by SAP so my advise would be to create a SAP Note.

We had these problems with the navigation area too, our solution was to build in the PFCG a User-Menue and there a Submenue, otherwise it does not work.

but i heard that with AIO or ERP Ehp 2 these things come with "automatic roles" so the whole easy access menue should be already there.....

regards oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver.

Thanks much for help.

Can you tell me how to create correct the User Menu? transaction SE43, create (i´ve a copy of AC00 area menu in AC01 created, plus 2 transactions).Then íve assigned role (with area menu) to user.

Have i errors done? Cause the error remain.

Anyway i´ll create a SAP Note.

Thank you.

Alberto

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto, we did the following.

transaction: PFCG -> create a Role or use an existing role

than tabstrip: Menue

Than: Create a Folder Than : inside the folder insert other object e.g. WebDynpro application or insert transaction or whatever.

then assign that role to a user and restart business client.

now you should see at least the created menue in NWBC.

regards,

oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I´ve it already done. And i don´t see the menu. This is the problem...

Thanks

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto

Did you get an answer on this issue? I have a similar problem with no menus showing in NWBC. I guess it has something to do with the definition of our roles.

Kind regards

Owe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

And thanks in advance for the help.

We have similar problems with NWBC.

I´ve one ERP2005 with Best Practise Solution installed, we´ve already patched it so on:

SAP_BASIS SAPKB70011

SAP_ABA 700 SAPKA70011

PI_BASIS SAPKIPYJ7B

ST-PI SAPKITLQI3

SAP_BW 700 SAPKW70012

SAP_AP 700 SAPKNA7008

SAP_HR 600 SAPKE60013

SAP_APPL SAPKH60008

EA-IPPE 400 SAPKGPID08

EA-APPL 600 SAPKGPAD08

EA-FINSERV SAPKGPFD08

EA-GLTRADE SAPKGPGD08

EA-HR 600 SAPKGPHD13

EA-PS 600 SAPKGPPD08

FINBASIS SAPK-60008INFINBASIS

I know that it´s not SPS12, as the prerequisite note ask, but NWBC should go (i think, i´ve read that many others have no problems with lower packages).

I´ve set it so:

LAYERED_WINDOW=1

LOG_COPIES=4

LOG_LEVEL=ERROR

THEME=metal

TRACE_COPIES=4

TRACE_LEVEL=ERROR

DEFAULT_CONNECTION=NWBC_1

TYPE=R3

NAME=HE1

PROTOCOL=HTTP

HOST=sap-sav3

PORT=8000

PATH=/sap/bc/dal/demoA

CLIENT=910

LANGUAGE=DE

In transaction smicm:

1 HTTP 8000 sap-sav3 30 60

2 SMTP 0 sap-sav3 30 60

and in transaction sicf the services /sap/bc/dal/demoA und icf are activated and the test connection is ok (almost all services are active).

If i connect with a test user test_nwbc with test role (it has transaction and menu in SAP), i receive this error:

Could not load content from connection HE1 (error code invalid server response)

Could not load navigation tree.

The trace file:

08.11.2007 15:40:49

ERROR <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CConnectionTool::setupProxyAutoConfig: WinHttpGetProxyForUrl() failed (connection HTTP://sap-sav3:8000/sap/bc/dal/demoA, error 12180 (0x2F94): )

ERROR <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | failed to startup connection HE1!

08.11.2007 15:41:25

ERROR <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | CConnectionTool::setupProxyAutoConfig: WinHttpGetProxyForUrl() failed (connection HTTP://sap-sav3:8000/sap/bc/dal/demoA, error 12180 (0x2F94): )

ERROR <NWBC::CBackendConnection> | failed to startup connection HE1!

ERROR <NWBC::CConnectionManager> | Failed to load content from connection HE1! (error invalid server response, error code 1)

I don´t understand why:

- is it a problem of stack (few support packages in this case?).

- is it linked with AIO Addon 1.2 SP02 for Roles? or can i browsing in NWBC without these Roles und with my company´s roles?

- is it a network problem? cause we have a proxy, but i´ve tested the connection with and without, with the same result (but i think not, the login in is ok, it seems a problem of upload-data).

PS: I´ve SAPgui 7.10, patch 3 and I´ve set CONDENSE_MENU = yes and scripting as allowed.

I need really help, cause i´ve attempted much without success and searched everywhere. Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

Alberto Di Fazio

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

we had this error also , but this was a problem with the autorisations.

when you have roles which are attached to objects that are not existing -> e.g. authorisations on wd abap objects which are still not developed, then we got these error messages.

did you try to connect to Portal instead of ERP?

i heard form SAP that the only connection that is supported by SAP is to connect to an EnterPrise Portal.

I have no idea what people can do who don't have a portal?

Are you sure your Host is correct, we use full qualified host: machine.company.com .....maybe thats a problem too???

regards

oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i get the error message:

<b>Could not load content from connection OSD (error code invalid server response</b>

But in table ssm_cust the parameter CONDENSE_MENU is not available.

Please help me.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I hope someone is looking at this subject....

I have the same problem Sarel CX had, but I can't find a solution....

The message after logon in SICF is always

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<DAL />

even if I set a simple role with a user menu made by some nested folders, I made the entry YES for CONDENSE_MENU in ssm_cust and I verified SAPGUI is enabled for scripting......

Have You any hint?

Thanks

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you get an empty screen with no links or an error message.

When you get an error message, try using HTTP instead of HTTPS if you have HTTPS in your connection?

maybe that helps.

or go to help.sap.com netweaver 7.0 there is a docu for business client when you open the docu for SP 13.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have learnt a lot from discussion. Thank you Heidi, thank you Olivier.

But in my system, I can't find the directory "/sap/bc/nwbc/demoA" in SICF. So I can't connect to the system correctly.

In my system (NetWeaver 2004s SP13) The only one which includes 'nwbc' is "/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/apb_launchpad_nwbc" while the only one which includes 'demoA' is "/sap/bc/dal/demoA". I've actived and tried to use both of them:

- For "/sap/bc/dal/demoA", this directory is almost vide.

- For "/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/apb_launchpad_nwbc", there is a " The launchpad / doesn't exist. " errors.

Is that means that I've made some mistakes or i've forgotten doing something important? I will be very grateful if somebody can save me from this bad situation. Thank you very much in avance.

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soral,

i only have /sap/bc/dal/demoA and... demoB

i know these are only directory entries, no idea why.

just type in the connection in the NWBC in field path /sap/bc/dal/demoA and it will work.

regards

oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your reply, Oliver.

But in my NWBC doesn't work although I have deployed your parameters. My configuration of the NWBC now is:

Name: DC1 Connection

Type: ERP

Host: sddbec01.148.fr.corp

Port: 8000

Path: /sap/bc/dal/demoA

Client: 100

Language: EN

I can see the logon window, but after that, there is a error message liike :

"Could not load content from connection DC1 Connection (error code invalid server response)"

When I test this service in the transaction SICF. The page after the logon shows:

"

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<DAL />

"

My NW 2004s package level is 12. I really don't know why it doesn't work. Maybe I forgot installing something? I really need your help.

Thanks a lot in avance. Have a good day!

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soral,

Do you have the Parameter CONDENSE_MENU set to YES in table SSM_CUST.

maybe this is the problem.

We had this problem with user who have very huge profiles in pfcg, but with that parameter it worked for us.

when i test in sicf i get the same result as you, so these things should be ok.

regards oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Oliver.

The problem has been resolved. Thank godness.

Wenn du deutsch bist, sage ich danke dir zu dir

Si vous être Français, je vais dirai "Merci beaucoup"!

If you are English or American, I will say "thank you" to you!

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soral,

fine, yeah you're welcome.

i speak german but i'm austrian, which is a difference gg.

oliver

ingolf_dresp3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i get a html-login-screen and then an empty NWBC. There is no error message but also no menu - what am I doing wrong?

Thx for your help.

Ingolf

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ingolf,

i guess you have a problem with pfcg-roles; NWBC can only show User-Menus, it cannot show the SAP-Menue.

We have the same-problem; just try in PFCG to put a user-menue and below a transaction in it, that should be shown in NWBC.

anyway, with Enhancement Package 2 of ERP6.0 there will be a feature called automatic-roles (see help.sap.com), with that the SAP-Menue can be shown also in NWBC (see this thread some answers above).

anyway, you have to set CONDENSE_MENUE to Value YES in SSM_CUST table.

regards

oliver

ingolf_dresp3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

unfortunately that did not help.

I'm on SP12.

This is my ini:

[SETTINGS]

AUTO_LOGIN=false

DEFAULT=WDA Testsuite

DEFAULT_CONNECTION=DALRUNTIME

LOG_COPIES=4

LOG_LEVEL=DEBUG

SAPGUI_BUTTONBAR=1

SAPGUI_MENU=1

SAPGUI_STATUSBAR=1

SAPGUI_TITLEBAR=1

SAPGUI_TOOLBAR=1

THEME=metal

TRACE_COPIES=4

TRACE_LEVEL=DEBUG

[DALRUNTIME]

CLIENT=880

HOST=ppecv.testserver.local

LANGUAGE=EN

NAME=WDA Testsuite

PATH=/sap/bc/dal/demoA

PORT=8000

PROTOCOL=HTTP

TYPE=R3

USER=TESTID

CONDENSE_MENU is set to YES

I have a testuser with one single test role with 5 or 6 transactions in it.

Using SAPGUI 7.10 this testuser can logon and sees his menu.

Using NWBC this user sees an empty "HOME".

What else is to be considered?

Best regards from Switzerland, Ingolf

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ingolf,

hmm, sounds strange.

the only thing you could check is: does the user has in his Menue SubMenues, because the NWBC only shows items (transactions etc.) which are organised in sub-menues.

maybe that helps.

regards,

oliver

ingolf_dresp3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Oliver: DANKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Finally I had some time to play around with NWBC, I was able to connect to the system and see the transaction available on the role, under that role I assigned SAP standard transactions, BSP applications, WebDynpro applications and Web pages. I can execute all except the SAP standard transaction, basically the transaction is never displayed and I only see the "Webdynpro loading icon" I do not see any session created on the backend by the user using the NWBC and I also do not see any instance of the SAPGUI created on local PC where I am testing the NWBC.

We tested in two computers one using SAPGUI 7.0 patch 3 and the other patch 2, the scripting is enable on the sapgui with the other two options (Notify when a script attaches.... and Notify When a script Opens...) set in both, I also know that the parameter sapgui/user_scripting is set to TRUE and sapgui/user_scripting_set_readonly and sapgui/user_scripting_disable_recording as well. Parameter CONDENSE_MENU is set to NO and ADD_MENU_DETAILS is set to YES. I also know that there is not session created on the backend system when I lunch the transaction through NWBC and also I could not find any instance of the sapgui on the Task Manager.

As I mentioned before, we can see the menu, subfolders and transaction assigned to subfoldes, everything that is related with Web like BSP, webdynpro or regular HTML is displayed but the problem is with transaction that requires Windows SAP GUI.

On the NWBC log I could not find too much only the following entry:

24.08.2007 13:20:16

INFO <NWBC::CSessionContext> | setDirty(sessionID 0000000005, connectionName WDA Testsuite)

On the NWBC trace file I could find the following but nothing else that give a clue of the reason why is not starting the windows sapgui:

24.08.2007 13:03:09

DEBUG <NWBC::CBCMainDialog> | OnOK: action start_change

INFO <NWBC::CCanvasArea> | Show loading page

DEBUG <NWBC::CCanvasArea> | HideAllViews

DEBUG <NWBC::CBCMainDialog> | OnOK: action image_folder

DEBUG <NWBC::CBCMainDialog> | OnOK: action canvas

DEBUG <NWBC::CBCMainDialog> | OnOK: action session

DEBUG <NWBC::CBCMainDialog> | CSapguiViewFactory::Get

DEBUG <NWBC::CSessionManager> | CreateSession(sessionID 0000000006, connectionName WDA Testsuite)

DEBUG <NWBC::CSessionContext> | initialize(sessionID 0000000006, connectionName WDA Testsuite)

DEBUG <NWBC::CSessionEPCM> | initialize(sessionID 0000000006, connectionName WDA Testsuite)

INFO <NWBC::CCanvasArea> | Show loading page

24.08.2007 13:03:10

DEBUG <NWBC::CCanvasArea> | HideAllViews

DEBUG <NWBC::CSAPGUIView> | CSAPGUIView::WindowCreate

DEBUG <NWBC::CSAPGUIView> | CSAPGUIView::SetCookieString

DEBUG <NWBC::CSAPGUIView> | ISapguiScriptingInternal::OpenNewConnection

24.08.2007 13:03:12

DEBUG <NWBC::CSAPGUIView> | m_nSessionsCreations= 1

DEBUG <NWBC::CSAPGUIView> | } CSapguiSessionManager::CreateNewSession

DEBUG <NWBC::CSAPGUIView> | } CSAPGUIView::InternalCreateSession

DEBUG <NWBC::CSAPGUIView> | } CSAPGUIView::CreateSession

DEBUG <NWBC::CSessionContext> | setDirty(sessionID 0000000006, connectionName WDA Testsuite)

DEBUG <NWBC::CCanvasArea> | SetActiveView(id 0000000006)

DEBUG <NWBC::CCanvasArea> | View is still loading => can't make it active yet => remember ID

DEBUG <NWBC::CCanvasArea> | } CCanvasArea::Start

DEBUG <NWBC::CBCMainDialog> | } CBCMainDialog::CanvasManagerCreate

DEBUG <NWBC::CCanvasArea> | SetActiveView(id 0000000006)

DEBUG <NWBC::CCanvasArea> | View is still loading => can't make it active yet => remember ID

Hopefully somebody can give me a hand with this,

Thanks in advance,

Zareh

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Zareh,

did you get a solution????

On our installation even sapgui transactions "worked", but now i have the same problem.

Could this depend on the java-runtime version, as we installed java-runtime 1.6 - before we have 1.4 - and now is does not work anymore?