cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRMG Monitoring not sending email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have setup a SolMan 4 to use for GRMG monitoring of our Portal Systems.

The Portals do not have the CCMS Agent installed since I am not interested in any performance data at this stage.

To register them for GRMG I used the downloadable XML file and changed that accordingly. All Systems are showing in TA GRMG / RZ20 and behave as expected.

I then set SNMP mail up (SCOT) and it is working fine. After that i configured the method CCMS_OnAlert_Email as follows:

SENDER: <same user with email in SU01 in client 000 and my working client>

RECIPIENT: <email address>

RECIPIENT-TYPEID: U

I then assigned that method as the auto-reaction method of the MTE Class in RZ20.

Should work like that - but it does not

Version are: 700 / SAP_BASIS SP10 / SAP_ABA SP10

I tried everything I can imagine, even registered a Portal via the CCMS client, used different auto-reaction methods, read every single Forum entry and help text and note and there is just no joy

Any further ideas? Is there a log file where I can see what's happening?

Thanks & Regards,

Andi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

right - I just got one of the emails but it was an hour late

Does anyone know which job collects the alerts and send the emails (scot is sending emails every 1 minute)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your time zone setting in Solution Manager is consistant with your sattelite system. Use transaction stzac for this.

Regards

Tariq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

that might have been it. We have by now gone off the whole idea of using Solution Manager for heartbeat (up/down) monitoring use the IPSWITCH "What's up Gold" Product for it now.

Is a lot easier and straight forward (with a tiny wee bit of custom VBScript).

It also paints lovely little maps of your entire landscapes (not only the sap bits)

Regards,

Andi