cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning up system tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

unfortunately we used to delete not used devices from the bwafdepl table. As we patched our MI and everybody had to reinstall we cleared the whole table. Now we found out that the MI stores data in several other tables like

mesybody

mesyhead

merep_507t

mideviceprofile

meplatform_dev

bwafdepl

merep_507

merep_605

bwafinslog

memgmt_deploymnt

memgmt_dev_idtnt

misyndev

I found those tables by having a look at the source code of the functions DELETE_ALL_DATA_OF_USER and DELETE_ALL_DATA_OF_DEVICE. Is there a way to clean up all the other system tables regarding to the data we got in our bwafdepl now?

Is there any model describing what tables are involved in the sync process of MI and what data they store?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's the problem...we don't know the device ids anymore because we deleted them in the bwafdepl table using the se16 transaction.

regarding the mobile admin I have to say that we're still using 2004 (not 2004s) so we don't have the admin yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

In that case use the Device removal functionality where you can delete only the obsolete device ids. It shows u a list of devices which have not been used for a certain time.

You can refer to this note too - 972205

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

the replication tables are the merep_XXX tables I guess. But what about the data in the mesyhead or mesybody tables? The mesybody table contains more than 6,000,000 entries. Will this table be reduces too?

EDIT:

I just saw that only mobile ids from now on will be deleted (regarding the note) when we delete them in the webconsole. What about the older ones we already deleted? How do we get rid of those?

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Belz,

If you are on WEBAS 640 SP19 or above there is a transaction merep_mbl that will automatically pick up obsolete devices and delete the data. It also has the option to select devices which are not synchronised with in any specific days (say last 15 days) and delete those devices plus data.

Regards

Ajith Chandran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You can very well use the same the function modules to clear these tables. These function modules are there to server this purpose itself.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

We dropped the BWAFDEPL table. If we run DELETE_ALL_DATA_OF_USER to delete all the data of user 'XYZ' we also would kill his new installation data. We'd just like to remove unused data (we still got in the tables before the update) from the system tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case use DELETE_ALL_DATA_OF_DEVICE.Here you can provide the old device id for whom you want to delete the data.

You can even make use of the device removal functionality which is part of the Mobile Administrator which delets all the obsolete devices.

Regards,

Nameeta