cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLS -logic editor -logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Expalin me the logic(all) at logic editor in BLS with example?

-murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murali,

Have you considered the online help documentation and SAP Education courses as a great start in learning about xMII? Learning through the forum is not going to make you an expert xMII integrator by any stretch of the imagination.

Vijaya was gracious enough to reply with an example, and I do realize that it was merely an example, but it also demonstrates an unnecessary usage of BLS. If the source of the data is already a relational database, then the proper way to incorporate the <X> status column for use with the EmbeddedLights mode of the iGrid would be to simply add the calculated/aliased column directly into the SQL query itself.

Best Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

The Assignment action is used to assign one or more values to one or more properties through the Link Editor Dialog. The Assignment action does not have specified input parameters. Values may be assigned to existing parameters within the transaction workspace.

We can assign this to input var or output var.

Suppose if you have some rows from sql query you can get those data through Assignment Action using input variables.

We can use it for output var also. Our transaction data can assign to output Parameter thru this Assignment.

For ex: In BLT I have sqlquery >calculated cols> assignment.

(1) In sql query I have 4 cols like product1,productl2,product3,yield.

I need to display one more column like status with assigned colors.

(2)using calculated column I am adding status col.

In expression tab we can give stringif(Yield > 70, "<G>","<R>")

So it will display the col with green if yield is morethan 70 otherwise red.

(3) I have a xmloutput parameter

Using Assignment action we can assign to output para.

Link editor link the calculated cols output to Transaction output.

I hope it will be useful.

Regards

Vijaya