cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getlist & getdetail mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the requirement where user click the synckey, it will links to the detail page.

so getlist display the overview of the customer

eg: customer code , name

detail page display

eg: customer code, name , telephone, country

getlist & getdetail Mapping

i have a scenario like this

<b>GetList</b>

IMPORT

[nothing to map]

TABLES

[customerid , name]

<b>GetDetail</b>

IMPORT

[customer_code]

EXPORT <b>disabled</b>

[the detail data is here eg: customer id,name, telephone no, city,country]

TABLES

[nothing to match]

GetList have Import and Tables, in Tables , i click on the customerid,name,

but in the GetDetail, all the detail data is in export but the Export is disabled.

i have nothing to mapped with,

when i try to deploy an run the Mi application the first screen which is getlist , the data appear there is same as getdetail.

the EXPORT is disabled

when i try to run the function getlist / getdetail in R3 it returns the result as expected.

It is because the mapping problem.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z231/yzme/screen1.gif

GetList-Table

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z231/yzme/screen2.gif

GetDetail-Import

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z231/yzme/screen3.gif

GetDetail-Export (disabled-cannot map)

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z231/yzme/screen4.gif

GetDetail-Table [nothing to map]

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z231/yzme/screen5.gif

pls advice .....

i will clarify further if you don't understand...

Message was edited by:

yzme yzme

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Yzme,

If you don't have any data TABLES parameter in GetDetail, that means you have only header and no items for the syncBO. Then there is no need of GetDetail as Getlist itself is capable of bringing all header data.

The behaviour is correct as the only difference here is that your Getdetail now brings the actual header data instead of Getlist. This is clearly a huge performance overhead interms of number of RFC calls.

If you want to display only customer code in the UI and clicking that you need to display the details, make sure the details are in the item and not in the header. But a much better approach is to keep the header as such and then take care of this in the UI (you need to code extra for getting this ). Just try to display only the data which is relevant..

Regards

Ajith Chandran

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually my requirement is simple,

my header inside getlist would be

customer code , name

customer code | name

0001 RajaKumar

0002 Palaniappan

when i click the customer code i will able to get the details like

city | address | country | telno | and so on........

1)i will definitely need a tables for mapping in GetDetail right ? if i dont want to write extra code for my jsp ?

2)in terms of performance if i put everything in headers -GetList

customer code, name, city, address, country , telno

will result in performance issue right,

if my first page just to show customer code, name

and the detail page, city,address country telno.....

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Yzme,

You need to put the details about the customer (address, city etc) as an item (tables parameter in Getdetail) to achieve this with out changing the JSP.

The point about performance, if you put this as an item, assume there are 100 customers, 1 getlist + 100 getDetail = 101 RFC calls to fetch the data from backend during replication. If there is only header then only 1 Getlist call is required..

Again it all depends on where you want to optimize.. In client or in server..

Regards

Ajith Chandran

Former Member
0 Kudos

yup, i will need to put the details in table paramters for getdetail without mass changing of the JSP. [understand.]

"The point about performance, if you put this as an item, assume there are 100 customers, 1 getlist + 100 getDetail = 101 RFC calls to fetch the data from backend during replication. If there is only header then only 1 Getlist call is required.. "

i dont understand this, can you clarify a bit

does it mean i put all the columns [customer code, name, address, city , country....] in the getlist , the performance of the client will be degraded

while if i separate getlist [customer code, name] and getdetail [city, address, country]

the performance of the client will be improved ??

i only concern on the client performance not the server.

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Yzme,

IF there is only header, Getlist alone can give you the data. So only one RFC is required.

If there are items also, Getlist wil give you only the header (or keys of header) and a GetDetail is required for every record to get the full data (inlcuding items as items values are returned only by Getdetail). So we need one Getlist + one Getdetail (for every record) to get the whole data..

If you have all data in header alone, the client performance will be low as we need to read more data for displaying the initial list. So if you are concerned only about client performacne, put the customer details as item.

Regards

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some concept problem, correct me...pls

1) 1 record represent 1 syncBo ...right

2) each will result in 1 RFC If put in getDetails ?

In GetDetail Bapi

if i export everything such as [city, address, country ,telno]

to Export ParameterList

i will not able to do a MAPPING ....! CORRECT ??

i must export to Table ParameterList right...

in order to do a MAPPING ............

Message was edited by:

yzme yzme