cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRITICAL: Error occured while working with configuring .in WAS deploytool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed developer workspace WAS edition SP11.

I had given a master password to all the users created while installation.

But now for deployement and visual administration that password is not working.

So i started deploytool to enable Superadmin.

It allows me to change the value but when i save it,

it throws error stating:

<b>"CRITICAL : Error occured while working with configuration"</b>

and then deploytool stops abruptly.

Unless I enable superadmin, i wont be able to reset all my passwords.

How do i proceed??

AbhiJeet..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi AbhiJeet,

Probably SAP note 669848 could be of help to you.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply,

But i am not been able to activate the emergency user using configtool.

I am getting the same error ("<b>CRITICAL : Error occured while working with configuration</b>")when I do some changes and apply or save them in configtool. Also the configtool terminates abruptly after that error.

Please help.

AbhiJeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijeet,

Can you please specify your OS? It looks like there is some problem with your database. Can you please check it? You said that the tools terminate abruptly. Can you please check if there are some core files or hs_err* files in the configtool directory?

Best Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all and Abhijeet especially,

have you found the cause of this problem? I'm experiencing exactly the same thing. What's to be done about this?

<u>excerpt from configtool log file:</u>

Error occurred while working with Configuration.

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error occurred during DB access: ,

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.UpdateProcessor.flush(UpdateProcessor.java:294)

at

com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.commitConfigurationHandler(ConfigurationCache.java:1217)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ConfigurationHandlerImpl.commit(ConfigurationHandlerImpl.java:833)

at com.sap.engine.configtool.batch.task.TaskUtil.changeProperties(TaskUtil.java:337)

at com.sap.engine.configtool.batch.task.ChangeServicePropsTask.go(ChangeServicePropsTask.java:59)

at com.sap.engine.configtool.batch.task.TasksThread.run(TasksThread.java:46)

Caused by: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.BatchUpdateExceptionSapDB: [-3018]: Invalid numeric parameter(input position 2)

at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.CallableStatementSapDB.executeBatch(CallableStatementSapDB.java:608)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.direct.DirectPreparedStatement.executeBatch(DirectPreparedStatement.java:1102)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.direct.DirectPreparedStatement.executeBatch(DirectPreparedStatement.java:1066)

at

com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBAccessDefault.execInsertEntryBatch(DBAccessDefault.java:1170)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.UpdateProcessor.flush(UpdateProcessor.java:257)

... 5 more

Message was edited by: Chee Choong Ching

Former Member
0 Kudos

I couldnt solve the problem...:(

I had to reinstall the WAS!

Since the trace says that the error has occured

during DB access, may be there is problem in Database

installation/configuration.

Mine was on maxdb...Later i went ahead with oracle and WAS installation!

regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh dear..

well, thank you for the answer anyway abhi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you start the configtool using java 5?

You should use Java 1.4.

If this is not the case refer to note 718493. It deals with the same error message from the database.

Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vyara you're absolutely right! it's due to my using jdk 1.5 as JAVA_HOME wasn't set in my system.

thanks a lot for the assistance.

Answers (0)