Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD knowledge for BW person

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to gain the knowledge on SD from BW perspective. Could you please guide me on this.

Points will be promply given for suitable answers.

Regards

Srini

Message was edited by:

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

From BW perspective, what you need to know is the overview of the sales processes. What are the documents that are created in an entire sales process like order to cash. What is the origin of this data (tables). The relationship of these tables.

Let me give you an example of order to cash:

Your sales process here starts from the creation of sales order(VA01).

As you enter the customer lot of data gets pulled from the customer master( Tables KNA1, KNVVetc ). WHen you enter the material lot of data gets pulled from the relevant material master (Tables MARA,MARC,MVKE and lot others)

There are other control tables as well as a previous document( say a quotation) which can be the source of data to the order being created.

Now all the data in the order being created is stored in table VBAK(header), VBAP(Item) and VBEP ( Schedule lines).

Now from an order you create a delivery. Data here is stored in tables LIKP(Delivery header) LIPS(DEL item)

With respect to the delivery/order now you create a invoice and data gets appended to tables VBRK and VBRP for header and item respectively.

As these documents get posted the Sales info structure gets updated from where you can pull a lot of useful reports.

<b>If you send me your mail ID i can send you a PDF which will explain the table relationships</b>.

Thanks

Vishal

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for the info. Could you please send me the pdf to the below mail id.

vemusrinivas@gmail.com

Thanks again.

Regards

Srini