thnq...

Message was edited by:

satya dvn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are two types of Adapter Engine(as you mention)

1 Central AE

2 Local/Decentral AE (LAE)

Central AE is default engine in XI means it installed automatically when you install

XI.

Local Adpater engine is a remote adapter engine(installed by your customer) where your adapter reside. when adapter reside in Local adapter engine that you have to select that LAE as a server type while configuring adapters.

<b>Thanks</b>

Faroooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also LAE is use to minimize the risk of failure...example if all your adapter reside in at one place then there is chance of Single Point of Failure.

Using LAE is also helpful in managing or distributing load of tha adapter.

Thanks

Farooq.

<b>Rewards Points if you find it useful</b>

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Central adapter Engine resides in the integration server responible for conversion of message from native format to soap-xml format.

2. Local adapter engine resides outside Integration server and resposible for load balancing.

Regards,

S.RamNarender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Central AE: uses UME with ABAP (J2EE with Add-In option), i.e.UME of this engine is configured against the coresponding ABAP stack automatically during installation)

Decentral AE: uses UME with DB only (default) or UME with ABAP (su01, PFCG; roles visible as groups; CUSTOM INSTALLATION); decision at installation time!

For more info

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/f5/8fdc3fca21eb06e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you install XI, AE gets installed by default. This is central AE.

For load sharing, you can have another AE installed. This AE will be decentral adapter engine.

Regards,

Jai Shankar