cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Content Conversion in EDI to File without Seeburger

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Hello Friends,

I am using just 2 fields Name and Address in 864 Transaction code.Can anybody help me how to do File Content Conversion from EDI to Xml.as i am using only 2 levels of hierarchy..Please explain me the step by step process </b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jai Shankar,

I am totally new to this EDI Concept..I want Name and Address in EDI ANSI X12 Format (864 Transaction code--Text Message) as input ....that i want to convert to xml..please help me in this process....

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kayanth,

My advice to you is if your implementing organization has more then one EDI scenario today or plan to add more EDI scenario to the business is to use the Item Field Content master with the XI.

This tool is powered by NetWeaver and allows to translate all standard EDI messages from txt file to XML.

The tool is represented today by Informatica and is used as a java file deployed in the file adapter.

This will sit-well with the XI development methodology of getting the whole EDI message into the XI in an XML format because in the future you might need more then two fields in the message so modifying the interface will take less time.

Try to look to the future of the implementing organization when it comes to interfaces.

"Quick & Dirty" is not always the best way....usually in the long run - its the worst...

Good luck.

Nimrod.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santhosh,

I want to use EDI ANSI X12 864 Transaction code to <u>transfer Text Message to a Flat File</u> in SAP XI.I have seen the 864 format and i want to use only name and address fields.I want to perform File Content Conversion to convert the EDI to Xml without uisng Seeburger adapter.Bcoz i was told that if we use more than 3 levels of hierarchy we need to use the Seeburger adapter for conversion.I want to use only 2 levels of hierarchy..I dont have a good idea in this Scenario...Can u please help me in doing this scenario??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jayanth,

First thing you need to know, how the input file looks like. Then you need to know the desired XML structure of the msg. If you can give an example of sample text msg and desired XML msg, then we can help you.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanth,

Can u explain your requirement more clearly....

Regards

Santhosh