cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Management System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SAP DMS and have completed all the customizing settings.

Also set up Content Repository and Storage Category.

Now I am facing below Problems,

1. While creating D I R, after Check in option, I am not able to save the D I R.

System Flashes the error that , " It Could Not Locate the Local File."

Can anybody, please suggest a solution?

Regards

Rahul M Pathak

rahulpathak1@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I have another doubt now.

If I do not want to use the check in option (just link the originals from the original path, not storing that into a secure area):

- how can I hide the button to not appear in cv01,2,3n? Is that possible?

- if the path is bigger than 255 characters, is there any way to modify this and get it longer?

Thanks in advance for your patience!!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also think Vikas is right. The decision if you take a seperate server or not depends on many different things.

Using the same server would be a cheaper possibility but the speed and stability may suffer.

So regarding the speed I would recommend you to add a second server. From the cost point of view put it on the same server. But if this server has some problems also the document data is affected and there may be some data loss.

So from my point of view I would recommend to use an own Content server, which is used for the storage of document original data.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check the Path of the Origianl file.

If the path of your original document is more than 255 characters, system won't accept.

Regards,

Venu

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

do you try to check in a original from your local harddrive (e.g. C:\...) or from some network path. If you work with some original which is stored in a network path, it is necessary to maintain the network directory as a mount point in transaction DC20.

Otherwise please tell me if you are facing this issue with all your originals or just with specific ones? Further please tell me if this is the real error message and if possible please provide me a error message number too.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christoph,

Sorry for bothering you.´

This is the first time I´ll implement dms, and the client asked me which storage is the best way to use, and I´m still thinking how to answeer the question... (hehehe)

Could you please help me on this?

Which is the best way to storage ... the same SAP server, or another storage server... (I mean in term of costs, speed, ...)

Thanks in advance, Marcelo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The decision is purely function of the volume of data. If it is for just one or two modules than SAP server will suffice. At max had to go for a small hardware upgrade (capacity up).

In case of high volumes for a seperate server...this also brings stablity to SAP server.

Regards

Vikas