cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro in SRM 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I came to know that WebDynpo will replace the ITS from SRM 6.0 . Is this Webdynpro for JAVA or Webdynpro for ABAP??

thanks

sanakr

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to configure webdynpro for abap and webdynpro for java.

As an example, CUF are handled through abap.

Kind regards,

Yann

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SRM 6.0 UI screens are developed using WebdynproABAP.

Regards,

Venu

richard_feco
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sankar,

SRM6.0 is running with EP only. The Java Web Dynpro referred to in this thread is relevant for the UWL, i.e. the approval inbox on the EP. The UI technology for SRM6.0 is ABAP Web Dynpro based -- this means that there are certain technologies used e.g. POWL which generic (= not SRM) but is still implemented in ABAP Web Dynpro.

There is this posting that Web Dynpro is going to be obsolete...bla-bla. I don't see neither relevance nor any connection to what we are talking about here.

Regarding the configuration - if you're a basis consultant, than you have some things to take care of possibly. But as a SRM application/functional/technical consultant, you don't need to configure nothing.

If there are still some ITS left-overs on the SRM-EBP is not really relevant. I assume that with SP03 more than 95% of the UI are on ABAP Web Dynpro. Other SRM-server areas e.g. SRM-SUS, SRM-MDM etc. are not switching to ABAP Web Dynpro now resp. not generally.

Hope this helps - take care.

Brgds,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>In SRM70, WebDynPro will become obsolete.</u>

<b>WebDynpro:</b> is a UI (CAF ses WebDynpro as UI); ABAP-proxy alone is not enough, if you need additional persistency and code generated for access to persistency (local & remote)

<b>ccBPM:</b> is "only" a process-tool; if you need separate persistency and application-logic and UI, ccBPM does not offer you that.

<b>WSDL:</b> no UI, no generation of coding, no processes

Of course you can build a complete application with a combination of those tools, but it takes much longer and the coding is not as standardized as it is with CAF.

You can change the views according to your requirements and this may result in changing the SAP standard code and for this you may request the access keys and also i think the standard functionality (adding custom fields) SAP might support.

Since ABAP Webdynpro is little flexible and if we understood the architecture amd the dataflow correctly then we can change the process flow and enhance the screens according to our custom requirements.

<u>Please go through the links below as well -></u>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10d1bde2-699f-2910-8e86-f46bfe04...

http://www.sappro.com/archive/Volume_09_(2007)/Issue_04_(July_and_August)/V9I4A1.cfm

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for your reply,

Please let me know, if I want to do custom developments in SRM 6.0 and the versions above then what technologies I need to learn ( web dynpro for ABAP ??

thanks

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

In SRM 6.0, all transactions are migrated to Webdynpro ABAP, except SUS.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

SRM 7.0 ,still uses Webdynpro ABAP Screen(there is no question of it becoming obsolete).The major differnce between SRM 6.0 and SRM 7.0 is

1.Hierarchy has been included in SRM 7.0

2.We use Floor Plan Manager for UI Framework which is not present in SRM 7.0

3.Some enhancements have been made regarding the functionality.

4.ESOA is used in SRM 7,0

Regards,

Venu